Sentences with Sit, Sit in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Sit
1. We must sit down.
2. 76.Don’t sit there.
3. You can’t sit there.
4. Come, sit on my lap.
5. 133.Don’t sit there.
6. Just sit down and eat.
7. May I sit next to you?
8. Can I sit on your lap?
9. Let’s sit down and talk.
10. Let’s sit down and talk.
11. Go and sit by your father.
12. I can sit anywhere, right?
13. Please sit down, Mr. Alex.
14. Would you care to sit down?
15. Let’s sit in the front row.
16. Let’s sit by the fireplace.
17. Let’s sit down on this bench.
18. Please don’t sit on that bench.
19. You can’t just sit here all day.
20. Jim motioned Jessica to sit down.
21. Can I sit near the window, please?
22. If you need to sit down, sit down.
23. Why don’t you sit down for a moment?
24. You could sit on my lap if you want.
25. You may sit at the front of the class.
26. Please sit down while I tell you something.
27. Take a chair from there and sit down, please.
28. Shall we sit and drink tea in a cafe near here?
29. I’m not flexible enough to sit in the lotus position.
30. He that comes first to the hill may sit where he will.
31. There’s no chair to sit anywhere, May I sit next to you?
32. After dinner sit (sleep) a while, after supper walk a mile.
33. We do not need to say that, and nobody will sit in his place.
34. The teacher warned the students not to sit near to each other.
35. I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
36. Sometimes, I sit down to sketch at the unearthly hour of 3 in the morning!
37. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
38. There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
39. Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.
40. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
41. We can’t all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.
42. The best way to resolve any problem in the human world is for all sides to sit down and talk.
43. And I’m suppose to sit by while you date boys and fall in love with someone else, get married…?
44. I certainly don’t sit around in the morning making pancakes listening to Whitehouse or anything.
45. I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
46. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
47. It’s easy to sit in relative luxury and peace and pontificate on the subject of the Third World debts.
48. It is better, I think, to grab at the stars than to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them.
49. Peeta and I sit on the damp sand, facing away from each other, my right shoulder and hip pressed against his.
50. To say to the painter that Nature is to be taken as she is, is to say to the player that he may sit on the piano.
51. But they don’t sit down and set their wits to work to devise ways of spoiling other creatures’ lives and hurting them.
52. I don’t work very much, and I just sit here waiting for a script that I can’t refuse – and I’m not talking about money.
53. Books should go where they will be most appreciated, and not sit unread, gathering dust on a forgotten shelf, don’t you agree?
54. It seems to be a law of nature that no man, unless he has some obvious physical deformity, ever is loth to sit for his portrait.
55. If or when I do start going to an analyst, I hope to God he has the foresight to let a dermatologist sit in on the consultation.
56. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring – it was peace.
57. I grew up with the classics. My mom and I would sit and watch ‘Singin’ in the Rain’ and ‘White Christmas’ – those kind of movies.
58. Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
59. Happiness is as a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
60. It’s not like I sit around watching my movies again and again, but I’ve never quite believed actors when they say they don’t watch themselves.
61. How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child’s board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted.
62. Grades were important in our house. I was reading by two. My mom would sit there and read with me, read with me, read with me. It was wonderful.
63. Writers are not just people who sit down and write. They hazard themselves. Every time you compose a book your composition of yourself is at stake.
64. Well, you know, I was raised by a 1970s feminist. My mom had a consciousness-raising group. I used to sit at the top of the stairs and listen to them.
65. Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.
66. Very often when I go in to meet for movies or pilots, I’m put on videotape. I hate the notion that that tape is going to sit on a shelf and never get better.
67. The muse holds no appointments. You can never call on it. I don’t understand people who get up at 9 o’clock in the morning, put on the coffee and sit down to write.
68. I’m not one to sit and wallow – I would rather figure out a way around so I can move past it and be at peace with things. I don’t like bad feelings gnawing away at me.