Sentences with Torn, Torn in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Torn
1. Her skirt is torn.
2. His trousers were torn at school.
3. The cabin was torn to pieces by the storm.
4. She had the book with a torn cover under her arm.
5. A torn jacket is soon mended, but hard words bruise the heart of a child.
6. A tornado is a violently turning pipe of air suspended from a dense cloud.
7. I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me.
8. A person is, among all else, a material thing, easily torn and not easily mended.
9. Women thrive on novelty and are easy meat for the commerce of fashion. Men prefer old pipes and torn jackets.
10. Her mouth was a gash of red, like the torn-open stomach of a sacrifice, bloody and oracular. Behind it her teeth shone sharp and white as bone.
11. Having kids sent a tornado through your marriage, then made you happy for the devastation. Even if you could rebuild everything just the way it was before, you’d never want to.
12. But to the slave mother New Year’s day comes laden with peculiar sorrows. She sits on her cold cabin floor, watching the children who may all be torn from her the next morning and often does she wish that she and they might die before the day dawns.
13. I’m torn about late parenting. I believe people should spend their twenties living and having fun and not having any regrets later. I also think people in their thirties generally make better parents but so many of my friends are having trouble – myself included – as fathers get older.