English List of Homonyms, Definition and Example Sentences;
Homonyms are words have the same spelling and the same pronunciation, but they have different definitions depending on the context.
- Can you give me your home address?
- This dress addressed me.
The band – the band
- Group of old queen songs played.
- He often ties his hair in the band.
Bat – Bat
- I’m sick of bats.
- This information once bat.
Nail – Nail
- My little brother put red nail polish on her nails.
- The key was hung by a nail near the door.
Match – Match
- If he suspect a gas leak, does not use matches.
- Each of fingerprint matches those found.
- I’m sure you’re right.
- Turn right at the bookstore around the corner.
Mean – Mean
- What does this post mean?
- She needed to find a mean between frankness and rudeness.
- What a brilliant ring!
- The kids drew a ring on the floor.
Rose – Rose
- The child has a rose garden.
- Sales rose by 30% over the Christmas period.
Stalk – Stalk
- Jony ate the apple, stalk and all.
- Snatching up your bag, you stalk out of the room
Clip – Clip
- We are clips from the new James Bond film.
- Attach the wire to a metal clip.
Tie – Tie
- She had to his hands together.
- I wear a shirt and tie at school.
Cool – Cool
- The child swam out into the cool water.
- When tempers had cooled, she apologized.
Rock – Rock
- Komuro formed a rock band with some friends in high school.
- They had to cut 600 feet of solid rock to build the tunnel.
Palm – Palm
- Sussie held the bird gently in the palm of his hand.
- The coconut palm is a native of Us.
Ruler – Ruler
- We have a 12 inch ruler.
- King Priam was a firm, but just strick ruler.
- I’m sorry I spread it to you, but I found another job.
- I gave birth in the spring of 1944.