20 sentences using articles in English, Definition and Examples
A, An, The. They precede the nouns and are used in undefined expressions.
Using A, An
- A / an is used only with countable singular nouns. Those who start with the consonant letter have “a” tag at the beginning of the word, and nouns that begin with a vowel that will have ”an” tag at the beginning of the word.
- A / an is usually used when expressing what an object is. We cannot use countable singular nouns alone.
- If we are talking about a specific object, “the” is used. Countable singular or plural and can be used with all uncountable nouns.
- If we are talking about an unknown object or person a / an, but if specified, “ the” is used.
20 sentences using articles
1. Yesterday, I bought a blouse and a skirt. The blouse was surprisingly cheap, but the skirt was more expensive.
2. I saw an accident of a car.
3. That is an excellent pencil.
4. Alex is training to be an engineer.
5. I need a kilogram of salt.
6. The movie is perfect.
7. I was born in the west.
8. Excuse me, where is the your home?
9. This is a (Used in singular names that can be counted.)
10. You have finally found a (Used for something mentioned for the first time.)
11. My mother is a (Used when talking about professions.)
12. Would you like to come to the my home on a Thursday? (Used when referring to any day, not a particular day.)
13. I saw an accident of a car.
14. We are living in an apartment.
15. She asks an easy question.
16. Yesterday, I bought a blouse and a skirt. The blouse was surprisingly cheap, but the skirt was more expensive.
17. I am an English teacher.
18. This is a beautiful house.
19. I’m eating an apple.
20. She didn’t read a book.