Conjunctions: Comparison – Connecting Words: Comparison
Conjunctions – Comparison
Similarly means “likewise”, “in like manner”. We can use it to make comparison.
- Similarly, our football team is not so good.
- My friend was late to the meeting and I similarly was delayed.
Comparable means “similar in amount, size etc…”. We can use it to make comparison.
- The two apple aren’t comparable.
- it was comparable to being eating.
In the same way
In the same way means “likewise”,”the same”.
- Everyone in my family thinks the same way.
- You can also help someone else the same way.
Equally means “evenly”, “in the same manner”.
- They are equally difficult to deal with.
- The revenue was divided equally among the workers.
A similar means “resemblance in quantity, character, size etc…”, “in the same manner”.
- A similar, our basketball team is not so good.
Likewise means “in the same way”, “in the same manner”.
- I think apples are good. Likewise, i think oranges are good.
- I worked hard and did it and Mark did likewise.