10 examples of compound complex sentences
The structure consisting of a series of words describing emotions, thoughts and situations is called a sentence. The sentence types differ according to their meanings, structures, verb location and verb type. There are various sentences in English according to their structures. These are divided into simple sentences, compound sentences and complex sentences. In a simple sentence, usually at least one subject is a verb, an object, and sometimes an indirect object. These words make meaning when they come together.
Simple sentences can also be called single verb sentences. Simple sentences take a verb and are not gerundial, except for a verb. As an important note about simple sentences; simple sentences do not mean short sentences, they are just a verb and one judgment.
For example: I will go to school tomorrow.
I saw her at school this morning.
In compound sentences, two or more sentences are connected by one or more conjunctions. In linked sentences, more than one sentence is compound sentences to each other with conjunctions like but, because and and.
Here are 10 examples of compound complex sentences;
1. If the ozone layer collapses, the global community will suffer.
2. While I was cooking he was still playing games on the computer.
3. Although I miss him so much, I cannot go to him because I do not have money.
4. Although I worked hard, I got a very low grade from the exam and stayed in the classroom.
5. Don’t leave the restaurant until the dishes here are washed.
6. Although I’m not very good, I really enjoy playing football.
7. I’d like to see the North Pole, but I will never go where it is that cold!
8. While playing football, the ball thrown by my friend hit the boy crossing the street.
9. Elissa was very sick today and we will take her to the hospital now, before she gets worse.
10. Even after all these years, when I saw her, I was as excited as the first day.