Sentences with Dead, Dead in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Dead
1. Knock them dead!
2. We aren’t dead yet.
3. I’m dead on my feet.
4. To flog a dead horse.
5. Is the mouse dead or alive?
6. They buried her dead husband.
7. The doctor pronounced him dead.
8. The conference was deadly dull.
9. Mary was found dead in an alley.
10. A goal is a dream with a deadline.
11. Alex was trapped in a dead-end job.
12. Steve was trapped in a dead-end job.
13. They buried the dead man in silence.
14. He fell a victim to a deadly disease.
15. I suddenly thought of my dead mother.
16. Hares may pull dead lions by the beard.
17. History is littered with dead good men.
18. Walking is a virtue, tourism is a deadly sin.
19. Not enough info makes for a lot of dead cats.
20. Some water was found in the dead man’s lungs.
21. A woman whose husband is dead is called a widow.
22. For the dead and the living, we must bear witness.
23. The tip of the spear was dipped in a deadly poison.
24. Most deadly errors arise from obsolete assumptions.
25. The author, whom I met at the book signing, is dead.
26. He goes long barefoot that waits for dead man’s shoes.
27. I was born to hustle roses down the avenue of the dead.
28. He seems designed specifically for speed and deadly accuracy.
29. It was a time when only the dead smiled, happy in their peace.
30. In person, if possible, Anubis was even more drop-dead gorgeous.
31. I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
32. Truth is deadly. Truth is freedom. Truth can break and mend and bind.
33. When I am dead, I charge you to mingle our ashes and bury us together.
34. My dad is a Deadhead, my mom’s a Jewish-American princess from Jersey.
35. It’s impossible to compete with the dead. I wished I could stop trying.
36. A successful marriage isn’t necessarily one that lasts until you’re dead.
37. Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body.
38. If you don’t want a man dead, don’t bludgeon him over the head repeatedly.
39. The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
40. Dreams don’t have timelines, deadlines, and aren’t always in straight lines.
41. A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.
42. I am in so many movies that are on TV at 2:00 a.m. that people think I am dead.
43. Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses his past and is dead for the future.
44. To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.
45. If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead.
46. Closure is just as delusive-it is the false hope that we can deaden our living grief.
47. The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly.
48. I’m 86 and my doctor used to tell me to slow down – at least he did until he dropped dead.
49. The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead.
50. Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.
51. Takeout containers everywhere, you haven’t done anything to fix up the place, your cat looks dead.
52. How do you nurture a positive attitude when all the statistics say you’re a dead man? You go to work.
53. I want to do something splendid…something heroic or wonderful that won’t be forgotten after I’m dead.
54. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead.
55. Well, she’s not responding to my advances,” he observed more brightly than he felt, “so she must be dead.
56. Behind every man now alive stand thirty ghosts, for that is the ratio by which the dead outnumber the living.
57. I have all the patience in the world about Sirens. For me it’s not a Grateful Dead project, it’s a Me project.