Sentences with Defeat, Defeat in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Defeat
1. You’ll never defeat me.
2. Steve admitted his defeat.
3. You can’t defeat Frank alone.
4. We defeated them in baseball.
5. They suffered a great defeat.
6. He didn’t acknowledge defeat.
7. Rumors of defeat were circulating.
8. The defeated team slowly left the field.
9. Steve acknowledges that he was defeated.
10. I know not age, nor weariness nor defeat.
11. This defeat was the beginning of everything.
12. The hero finally defeated the evil scientist.
13. You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.
14. He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.
15. Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
16. We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.
17. You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.
18. Anyone can deal with victory. Only the mighty can bear defeat.
19. Right, good temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
20. The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things.
21. We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
22. But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
23. He was the crazy one who had painted himself black and defeated the world.
24. Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.
25. Politics has become so expensive that it takes a lot of money even to be defeated.
26. But man is not made for defeat,” he said. “A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
27. But man is not made for defeat,” he said. “A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
28. The study of beauty is a duel in which the artist cries with terror before being defeated.
29. If defeated at the polls, will they accept the verdict, or insist without evidence they have won?
30. My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me.
31. True happiness means forging a strong spirit that is undefeated, no matter how trying our circumstances.
32. Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.
33. How marvelous books are, crossing worlds and centuries, defeating ignorance and, finally, cruel time itself.
34. Once you are defeated let the humblest-looking among you sponsor it and your enemies to humble you will approve it.
35. I don’t believe we are supposed to go through life defeated and not having enough money to pay our bills or send our kids to college.
36. Perhaps some day I’ll crawl back home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.
37. You can either look at the problems you come across as opportunities or concede to being defeated by them. Either way, the choice is yours.
38. It is a law of human nature that in victory even the coward may boast of his prowess, while defeat injures the reputation even of the brave.
39. When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.
40. I’m not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict.
41. Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us.
42. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
43. All conservation of wildness is self-defeating, for to cherish we must see and fondle, and when enough have seen and fondled, there is no wilderness left to cherish.