Sentences with Delight, Delight in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Delight
1. A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom.
2. How could man rejoice in victory and delight in the slaughter of men?
3. Beauty is the bait which with delight allures man to enlarge his kind.
4. We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body.
5. This is a delicious evening, when the whole body is one sense, and imbibes delight through every pore.”
6. Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?
7. We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
8. Books delight to the very marrow of one’s bones. They speak to us, consult with us, and join with us in a living and intense intimacy.
9. An honorable Peace is and always was my first wish! I can take no delight in the effusion of human Blood but, if this War should continue, I wish to have the most active part in it.
10. To look almost pretty is an acquisition of higher delight to a girl who has been looking plain for the first fifteen years of her life than a beauty from her cradle can ever receive.
11. The delight of the nursing mother, of the scholar, of the successful hunter, of the good cook, of the skilful maker, of anyone doing needed work and doing it well, – this durable joy is perhaps the deepest source of human affection and of sociality as a whole.