Sentences with Former, Former in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Former
1. She was a former first lady.
2. Our former home was in Sweden.
3. He’s a former student of mine.
4. Kyoto is Japan’s former capital.
5. Steve is Jessica’s former husband.
6. My grandfather was a former miner?
7. Frank is one of our former clients.
8. The most terrible enemy is a former friend.
9. Tom saw his former employer at a conference.
10. Frank saw his former employer at a conference.
11. Your father invited the former love of your life in for pie.
12. She portrays former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher in the film.
13. All the great performers I have worked with are fueled by a personal dream.
14. All the great performers I have worked with are fuelled by a personal dream.
15. Let me express how much I don’t care on a scale of one to bite me,” the former detective said.
16. In the early 19th century, various social reformers founded communities based on common ownership.
17. There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.
18. There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.”
19. Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.
20. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
21. Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
22. Music never dies. Do we really need another Madonna tour? Does she have to compete with women performers 25 years her junior?
23. When it comes to privacy and accountability, people always demand the former for themselves and the latter for everyone else.
24. The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter.
25. Grandeur and beauty are so very opposite, that you often diminish the one as you increase the other. Variety is most akin to the latter, simplicity to the former.
26. The gin was abruptly sucked back into my lungs as I gasped. He did not just tell my mother about his former profession; sweet Jesus, let me have heard incorrectly!
27. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to ‘God’ are all answered at about the same 50% rate.
28. As a former professional patient advocate, I believe prescription drugs are an essential part of high-quality medical treatment, and I supported enactment of the Medicare Prescription Drug and Modernization Act.
29. Formerly, I had been quite satisfied with myself, but I had taken very little trouble to increase my self-knowledge; from now on, I would stand outside myself, watch over and observe myself; in my diary I had long conversations with myself.
30. My diminished girth, in tailor phraseology, was hardly conceivable even by my own friends, or my respected medical adviser, until I put on my former clothing, over what I now wear, which is a thoroughly convincing proof of the remarkable change.
31. When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom.
32. Gay marriage has jumped out of the closet on to the front page. Everyone from the president of the U.S. to retired four-star general Colin Powell is embracing the issue, now supported by most Americans. Still, a few people, like former First Lady Laura Bush appear to be conflicted.