Sentences with intimate, intimate in a Sentence in English, Sentences For intimate
1. Their views were intimately understood and closely correlated.
2. It is better to know one book intimately than a hundred superficially.
3. Our most intimate friend is not he to whom we show the worst, but the best of our nature.
4. Prior to penicillin and medical research, death was an everyday occurrence. It was intimate.
5. So, you know, parenting is a very intimate and amazing experience and one of the best experiences of my life.
6. Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
7. My aim in painting has always been the most exact transcription possible of my most intimate impression of nature.
8. Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred.
9. When I look at great works of art or listen to inspired music, I sense intimate portraits of the specific times in which they were created.
10. In romance, we feel the need to zoom in and expound on our partner’s foibles in intimate detail; in friendship, we tend to do the opposite, avoiding confrontation through fear, lethargy or both.
11. For hundreds of millions of Americans who believe in God, prayer is our bridge between Earth and Heaven, our way of opening our hearts to the Lord. Through this intimate relationship we find peace and guidance.
12. The old interests of aristocracy – the romance of action, the exalted passions of chivalry and war – faded into the background, and their place was taken by the refined and intimate pursuits of peace and civilization.
13. There have been some medical schools in which somewhere along the assembly line, a faculty member has informed the students, not so much by what he said but by what he did, that there is an intimate relation between curing and caring.
14. There will be, I think, an attempt to grasp again the surprise and accidents of nature and a more intimate and sympathetic study of its moods, together with a renewed wonder and humility on the part of such as are still capable of these basic reactions.