Sentences with Majority, Majority in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Majority
1. A majority voted against the bill.
2. A majority of students dislike history.
3. The majority didn’t accept the proposal.
4. They believed they were in the majority.
5. They elected him mayor by a large majority.
6. A majority is always better than the best repartee.
7. Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
8. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.
9. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.
10. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
11. If you are cast in a different mould to the majority, it is no merit of yours: Nature did it.
12. We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.
13. Gerald Ford once said that an impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives says it is.
14. The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
15. We submit to the majority because we have to. But we are not compelled to call our attitude of subjection a posture of respect.
16. Of course, the aim of a constitutional democracy is to safeguard the rights of the minority and avoid the tyranny of the majority.
17. The fact is that I find more most men are more open, more generous, and much more stimulating than the majority of females I know.
18. At this time in history, sick, afraid, and despondent are the general conditions that affect the majority of poeple almost everywhere.
19. No settlement with the majority is possible as no Hindu leader speaking with any authority shows any concern or genuine desire for it.
20. Although charismatic, James Dean is no Harrison Ford. In the majority of his movies, sooner or later he got the crap beaten out of him.
21. The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.
22. Lead singers not only do the majority of the work, but their personalities are singled out and taken as the general attitude of the unit.
23. A small minority cannot control an uncooperative majority, so they must be distracted, divided, tyrannized, or anesthetized into compliance.
24. It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
25. Before I can live with other folks I’ve got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.
26. My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time.
27. In our so-called democracy we are accustomed to give the majority what they want rather than educate them to understand what is best for them.
28. Unfortunately, our history has abundant examples of patriotism being used to hurt those who express views in disagreement with that of the majority.
29. The large majority of the Negroes who have put on the finishing touches of our best colleges are all but worthless in the development of their people.
30. Without peace and without the overwhelming majority of people that believe in peace defending it, working for it, believing in it, security can never really be a reality.
31. To say that a work of art is good, but incomprehensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but that most people can’t eat it.
32. If you eat something and get fat, you should be responsible for it. I think that is the attitude of the great majority of Americans, that you should be responsible for what you eat.
33. When I look at the majority of my own songs they really came from my own sense of personal confusion or need to express some pain or beauty – they were coming from a universal and personal place.