Sentences with Plain, Plain in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Plain
1. The broad plains of the France.
2. As plain as two and two make four.
3. As plain as the nose on a man’s face.
4. Virtue is like a rich stone, best plain set.
5. An honest tale speeds best, being plainly told.
6. Crying is for plain women. Pretty women go shopping.
7. Gentility without ability is worse than plain beggary.
8. By the 1750s, all the tribes of the Great Plains had horses.
9. The plainer the dress, the greater luster does beauty appear.
10. Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
11. It became plain very soon after our marriage that ours was to be a literary partnership.
12. The highest patriotism is not a blind acceptance of official policy, but a love of one’s country deep enough to call her to a higher plain.
13. I am not plain, or average or – God forbid – vanilla. I am peanut butter rocky road with multicolored sprinkles, hot fudge and a cherry on top.
14. Beauty is ever to the lonely mind a shadow fleeting she is never plain. She is a visitor who leaves behind the gift of grief, the souvenir of pain.
15. No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.
16. The plain state of being human is dramatic enough for anyone; you don’t need to be a heroin addict or a performance poet to experience extremity. You just have to love someone.
17. To look almost pretty is an acquisition of higher delight to a girl who has been looking plain for the first fifteen years of her life than a beauty from her cradle can ever receive.
18. My mother always called me an ugly weed, so I never was aware of anything until I was older. Plain girls should have someone telling them they are beautiful. Sometimes this works miracles.
19. Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much.
20. The respondent can be either the plaintiff or the defendant from the court below, as either party can appeal the decision thereby making themselves the petitioner and their adversary the respondent.