Sentences with Resist, Resist in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Resist
1. They crushed all resistance.
2. Reality resists classification.
3. To fly, we have to have resistance.
4. I couldn’t resist the urge to applaud.
5. I can resist everything except temptation.
6. These plants are resistant to weed killers.
7. We came up against massive popular resistance.
8. Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity.
9. We gain the strength of the temptation we resist.
10. It’s easier to resist at the beginning than at the end.
11. You still resist using that laptop even after two years.
12. Copper resists the action of the atmosphere and seawater.
13. A desire to resist oppression is implanted in the nature of man.
14. I couldn’t resist another grin. “So…is there a family discount?
15. Solidarity is an attitude of resistance, I suppose, or it should be.
16. Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.
17. An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.
18. One resists the invasion of armies; one does not resist the invasion of ideas.
19. It is not the intensity but the duration of pain that breaks the will to resist.
20. After reading Samuel’s forum post, Mary resisted the impulse to post a crude reply.
21. It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
22. Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.
23. The so-called peace path is not peace and it is not a substitute for jihad and resistance.
24. You can be gorgeous at thirty, charmimg at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.
25. Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress.
26. You may either win your peace or buy it: win it, by resistance to evil buy it, by compromise with evil.
27. Resistance gets us to plunge into a project with an overambitious and unrealistic timetable for its completion.
28. I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage.
29. Before speaking, consult your inner-truth barometer, and resist the temptation to tell people only what they want to hear.
30. Antifragility is beyond resilience or robustness. The resilient resists shocks and stays the same; the antifragile gets better.
31. …There is the heat of Love, the pulsing rush of Longing, the lover’s whisper, irresistible—magic to make the sanest man go mad.
32. You possess a natural resistance to glamour magic and must be recruited to keep you quiet and provide you with some basic protection.
33. You must resist the common urge toward the comforting narrative of divine law, toward fairy tales that imply some irrepressible justice.
34. Stupidity is something unshakable nothing attacks it without breaking itself against it it is of the nature of granite, hard and resistant.
35. How is it more for the glory of God to save man irresistibly, than to save him as a free agent, by such grace as he may either concur or resist?
36. Little men with little minds and little imaginations go through life in little ruts, smugly resisting all changes which would jar their little worlds.