Sentences with Second, Second in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Second
1. Sit down for a second.
2. Custom is second nature.
3. Custom is a second nature.
4. George ended in second place.
5. Ann is second to none in tennis.
6. I’m a mom first, a singer second.
7. Your room is on the second floor.
8. She threw the ball to second base.
9. I love every second of being a mom.
10. The motion is proposed and seconded.
11. Can I talk to you for just a second?
12. Artemis Fowl will never be secondary.
13. My watch gains thirty seconds a month.
14. A friend is, as it were, a second self.
15. He did it in only a fraction of a second.
16. I was late for the second lesson yesterday.
17. My second marriage had a lot to do with alcohol.
18. Intuitions come first, strategic reasoning second.
19. He got all his information from secondary sources.
20. To us marriage is first, everything else is second.
21. The accent of “guitar” falls on the second syllable.
22. Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
23. You finished second in the competition, congratulations.
24. There are no second chances in life, except to feel remorse.
25. Children are our second chance to have a great parent-child relationship.
26. For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
27. The flowers anew, returning seasons bring but beauty faded has no second spring.
28. A German officer visited Picasso in his Paris studio during the Second World War.
29. Second, marriage is an issue that our Founding Fathers wisely left to the states.
30. I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it.
31. First-rate people hire first-rate people; second-rate people hire third-rate people.
32. Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.
33. What I like about music is the songs you can remember the lines of in a single second.
34. Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.
35. Well, you know, the definition of second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
36. I ask you to pass through life at my side—to be my second self, and best earthly companion.
37. The reason most goals are not achieved is that we spend our time doing second things first.
38. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
39. It can take years to mold a dream. It takes only a fraction of a second for it to be shattered.
40. Spirituality is germination and sprouting of the second group and transforming the first group.
41. In one split second I saw everything I could be, everything I want to be. And all that I’m not.
42. Everything in me feels fluttering and free, like I could take off from the ground at any second.
43. French is a foreign language, but I’ve been speaking it since I was 18 so it’s second nature to me.
44. My mother worked in factories, worked as a domestic, worked in a restaurant, always had a second job.
45. My father and mother were second cousins, though they did not meet till shortly before their marriage.
46. Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
47. A millisecond before fifty-two tonnes of intercontinental ballistic missile obliterated him completely.
48. God changes his appearance every second. Blessed is the man who can recognize him in all his disguises.
49. It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime.
50. Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad, is a full minute of happiness you will never get back.
51. Every moment of life mattered. Even the perfect snowflake that alighted on his palm and melted in seconds.
52. Those whose life is long still strive for gain, and for all mortals all things take second place to money.
53. I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds– but I think of you always in those intervals.
54. There is only one real sin and that is to persuade oneself that the second best is anything but second best.
55. To be thoughtful and kind only takes a few seconds compared to the timeless hurt caused by one rude gesture.
56. The first half of life is devoted to forming a healthy ego, the second half is going inward and letting go of
57. Money is the seed of money, and the first guinea is sometimes more difficult to acquire than the second million.
58. Mylife might be little and boring, but at least it’s mine – not some assembly-line, secondhand, hand-me-down life.
59. Sometimes your whole life could hinge on a fraction of an inch. Or the beat of a nanosecond. Or the knock on a door.
60. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.
61. Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. The third is to be kind.