Sentences with Than, Than in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Than
1. He’s older than Mary.
2. Easier said than done.
3. Better early than late.
4. Better late than never.
5. No sooner than Saturday?
6. No sooner than Wednesday?
7. Do more than dream: work.
8. Women earn less than men.
9. I can do better than that.
10. I’d rather die than leave.
11. We are wiser than we know.
12. I’d rather die than leave.
13. He’s rich rather than poor.
14. I have less than ten pesos.
15. He’s rich rather than poor.
16. I have had more than enough.
17. He can’t be older than I am.
18. I’d rather die than do that.
19. I sleep less than my father.
20. I’d rather work than go out.
21. Doing is better than saying.
22. Better unborn than untaught.
23. Blood is thicker than water.
24. He is much older than Frank.
25. Alex was taller than Samuel.
26. I cannot run faster than him.
27. I earn less money than a cop.
28. Better be envied than pitied.
29. They might be taller than you.
30. Any house is better than none.
31. Ending is better than mending.
32. He got a better score than us.
33. Two heads are better than one.
34. I’d rather die than surrender.
35. Truth is stranger than fiction.
36. Better be born lucky than rich.
37. This hotel is better than home.
38. He was running faster than you.
39. She speaks faster than he does.
40. Those are not smarter than you.
41. It was less than fifty dollars.
42. My aunt is older than my mother.
43. He is more intelligent than Sam.
44. Actions speak louder than words.
45. Mine is faster than your school.
46. Better untaught than ill-taught.
47. Gold is more precious than iron.
48. Their fruit is better than mine.
49. I’d rather walk than take a bus.
50. Memories are worse than bullets.
51. A tattler is worse than a thief.
52. Better one-eyed than stone-blind.
53. She is less intelligent than you.
54. Lookers-on see more than players.
55. My father swims better than I do.
56. Many words hurt more than swords.
57. Better lose a jest than a friend.
58. The boy is more clever than wise.
59. A man can do no more than he can.
60. I saw Alex less than an hour ago.
61. I would rather starve than steal.
62. A good name is better than riches.
63. There are taller than you, taller.
64. A laptop is better than a desktop.
65. Steve knew better than to protest.
66. Better to do well than to say well.
67. I earn less money than a policeman.
68. It was nothing less than a miracle.
69. My classroom is cleaner than yours.
70. Nature can do more than physicians.
71. A bad peace is even worse than war.
72. Well done is better than well said.
73. My sister is much heavier than him.
74. Standers-by see more than gamesters.
75. A good name is sooner lost than won.
76. No gift is more precious than trust.
77. Half a loaf is better than no bread.
78. I would rather have coffee than tea.
79. My mother is taller than my brother.
80. Better be alone than in bad company.
81. I think you deserve better than this.
82. Four eyes see more (better) than two.
83. I’d rather starve than eat that food.
84. I would rather have a cat than a dog.
85. Better the foot slip than the tongue.
86. The remedy is worse than the disease.
87. Steve lost more than thirty kilograms.
88. Love is service rather than sentiment.
89. New York is more crowded than Chicago.
90. Beauty is less important than quality.
91. Better deny at once than promise long.
92. Gluttony kills more men than the sword.
93. Example has more followers than reason.
94. Better die standing than live kneeling.
95. The ballot is stronger than the bullet.
96. I am less afraid of heights than I was.
97. Making peace is harder than making war.
98. Better a lean peace than a fat victory.
99. The bay has more yachts than sailboats.
100. Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
101. More men die of jealousy than of cancer.
102. Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow.
103. Attitudes are more important than facts.
104. Wine hath drowned more men than the sea.
105. They would rather drink tea than coffee.
106. No fewer than 22 passengers were killed.
107. He sang the song better than the others.
108. Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit.
109. No sooner than I’d forget my own mother.
110. I would rather stay at home than go out.
111. Never promise more than you can perform.
112. Time is more precious than anything else.
113. Alex’s annual income is more than $5.000.
114. Steve earns more money than he can spend.
115. Faster than camels, but less sustainable.
116. There are more ways to the wood than one.
117. Better an open enemy than a false friend.
118. There is more than one way to kill a cat.
119. It’s more polite to say thin than skinny.
120. An unjust peace is better than a just war.
121. So muchly much-much more unlucky than you!
122. My brother earns three times more than me.
123. Alex has bitten off more than he can chew.
124. Men trust their ears less than their eyes.
125. She had more curves than a scenic railway.
126. There’s many a man has more hair than wit.
127. Science is more difficult than Literature.
128. False friends are worse than open enemies.
129. Sometimes divorce is better than marriage.
130. We know of more than 100 billion galaxies.
131. Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.
132. Gold is more precious than any other metal.
133. Your notebook is more interesting than his.
134. Grace in women has more effect than beauty.
135. A civil denial is better than a rude grant.
136. Bacchus has drowned more men than Neptune .
137. It is better to travel well than to arrive.
138. We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.
139. Venice now has fewer than 60,000 residents.
140. Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.
141. A bat is not a bird any more than a fish is.
142. A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.
143. Creditors have better memories than debtors.
144. My father’s car is even smaller than my car.
145. Steve is several inches taller than Jessica.
146. We eat more processed food than natural food.
147. Giving birth was easier than having a tattoo.
148. The boy has less money than his brother does.
149. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
150. Today the weather was much colder than usual.
151. Now I’ve got fewer tasks than I used to have.
152. An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox
153. Better a glorious death than a shameful life.
154. Love demands infinitely less than friendship.
155. it has become much more dangerous than before.
156. I’d rather stay outside than go to that house.
157. Men are swayed more by fear than by reverence.
158. It has become much more dangerous than before.
159. Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.
160. Better a good journalist than a poor assassin.
161. Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
162. I’d rather stay in the village than live here.
163. I’d rather stay outside than go to that house.
164. I’d rather stay in the village than live here.
165. Better go to bed supperless than rise in debt.
166. A good reputation is more valuable than money.
167. Our patience will achieve more than our force.
168. Better give a shilling than lend a half-crown.
169. A clean fast is better than a dirty breakfast.
170. Fort Moultrie had fewer than seventy soldiers.
171. Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven.
172. They are no more alike than a cow and a canary.
173. A friend’s frown is better than a foe’s smile..
174. The chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
175. No sooner had I gone to bed than I fell asleep.