English Using EACH, EVERY, ALL, Definitions and Example Sentences
Using EACH in English
Use each when referring to individual members of a group, one at a time.
- Each artist sees things differently.
- The soldiers each received a meadl.
- We need each other.
- They hated each other.
Using EVERY in English
We use every to tlak about collectively things more than individually. It means each, all.
- I shave every morning.
- She wanted to get away from everyday life.
- I take a break every three hours.
- Every artist is sensitive.
Using ALL in English
It means total. We use it to talk about the total number of things.
- I stayed home all day instead of going to work.
- All men are equal.
- All cheetah are fast.
- All children need care.
- He ignored her all day.