How to use During and Until in English, example sentences;
Usign Until in English
- Until is a preposition and a conjunction.
- Until is often shortened to till.
- Until and till express up to that time.
- Up to, but not after, a specific time. To say how long a situation continues.
- I will stay until four o’clock.
- Are you going to work until 11:00?
- Until my father came home, I read a book.
- I could not get up this morning. I stayed in the bed until eleven.
- That’ll just have to wait until next week.
Using During in English
- We use during to say when something happens, if it happens in or over a period of time.
- For part of a period of time. Used before a noun to say when something happens.
- I watched televisionduring a break in my studies.
- They met her during the presentation.
- I slept a little during lunch break because I was so tired.
- There is no school during October.
- During these years he never stopped taking bus trips.