How to Use MUST and SHOULD, Example Sentences
Using MUST in English
We use must to Express a stronger point of view. “We need to …” “We have to…” The modal must also expresses opinion, one person’s point of view.
- We must fasten our seatbelts.
- You must stop playing computer games.
- She must learn to drive. It will be very useful.
- Banks must examine all documents.
- She must not disturb me.
- The students must study English at least eleven hours a week.
Using SHOULD in English
We use should to suggest something. “It is advisable to …“.
The modal should Express opinion, one person’s point of view.
- You should apply for that job.
- You have sore throat. You shouldn’t drink cold water.
- People should eat enough fruits in order to be healthy.
- There should be a way to do something
- Michale should keep out of the sun for two days.