250 Modal Verb May Sentences Examples
1. May I go out?
2. May I come in?
3. You may laugh.
4. May I join you?
5. May I help you?
6. May I go to bed?
7. May I smoke here?
8. You may swim now.
9. I may never leave.
10. You may follow me.
11. You may park here.
12. May I take a rest?
13. May I speak to you?
14. He may be a genius.
15. May I pay by check?
16. How may I help you?
17. May I use this bat?
18. May I go out please?
19. You may rely on him.
20. It may rain tonight.
21. May I speak to Bill?
22. May I have a receipt?
23. It may rain tomorrow.
24. May I have your name?
25. May I ask a question?
26. May I sit next to you?
27. May I have some bread?
28. May I use your toilet?
29. He may be sick in bed.
30. We may have a problem.
31. You may take the book.
32. May I do it right now?
33. May I borrow your car?
34. You may kiss the bride.
35. May I swim in the lake?
36. May I borrow your book?
37. May I close the window?
38. May I turn down the TV?
39. I may win if I’m lucky.
40. It may rain any minute.
41. May I have a timetable?
42. May I swim in this lake?
43. Excuse me. May I get by?
44. May I see the timetable?
45. May I see your passport?
46. You may open the window.
47. It may take a long time.
48. She may spill the beans.
49. May I eat this hamburger?
50. May I use your car today?
51. Smoking may cause cancer.
52. A good marksman may miss.
53. May I accompany you home?
54. May I use the shoe polish?
55. May the force be with you.
56. I may have to fire Samuel.
57. I may be gone for a while.
58. May I visit an art gallery?
59. I am ready. May I start it?
60. I think Samuel may be hurt.
61. May I join the class/group?
62. May I please open the door?
63. We may have made a mistake.
64. Caution, the soil may slip!
65. You may now kiss the bride.
66. May I have another brochure?
67. May I look at your passport?
68. May I have the menu, please?
69. We may be here several days.
70. Students may not wear jeans.
71. A stumble may prevent a fall.
72. You may not have noticed yet.
73. May I have your name, please?
74. May I open / close the window?
75. This device may come in handy.
76. May I speak to Lussie, please?
77. May all your dreams come true!
78. May we drop you at your hotel?
79. We may only have a few minutes.
80. An open door may tempt a saint.
81. You may come whenever you like.
82. We may not be able to afford it.
83. A bird may be known by its song.
84. May I see your driver’s license?
85. Frank may have already departed.
86. May she come with you to school?
87. Men may meet but mountains never.
88. May I trouble you for the pepper?
89. You may swim as long as you want.
90. May I accompany you on your walk?
91. May I see your birth certificate?
92. A fair face may hide a foul heart.
93. I’m afraid she may have the mumps.
94. May I see the telephone directory?
95. Steve may eat whatever he wants to.
96. A foul morn may turn to a fair day.
97. I may take you to work if you want.
98. I may be old, however I’m not crazy.
99. Love will creep where it may not go.
100. The volcano may erupt at any moment.
101. May I see your driver’s license, sir?
102. You may bring a partner to our event.
103. Eating too much may lead to sickness.
104. The vote took place on May sixteenth.
105. Samuel may have to cancel the picnic.
106. We make war that we may live in peace.
107. You may sit at the front of the class.
108. You may lose your way in the darkness.
109. In the evening one may praise the day.
110. Hares may pull dead lions by the beard.
111. One may smile, and smile, be a villain.
112. They may have moved here two years ago.
113. Alex and I may not be able to afford it.
114. You may look incredulous, if you please!
115. You may spend a maximum of 2500 dollars.
116. My father may be jogging around the park.
117. Don’t forget, it may occur at any moment.
118. Fools may sometimes speak to the purpose.
119. Oaks may fall when reeds stand the storm.
120. May you have a long and fruitful marriage.
121. She may see him tomorrow before she leave.
122. I may be old, nevertheless I am not crazy.
123. Jane may be very upset about this situation.
124. She may have heard everything you just said.
125. Alex may be very upset about this situation.
126. In black ink my love may still shine bright.
127. This cream may produce a stinging sensation.
128. Do something wonderful, people may imitate it.
129. Between the cup and the lip a morsel may slip.
130. Men may live fools, but fools they cannot die.
131. May night continue to fall upon the orchestra.
132. There may be other reasons that we don’t know.
133. Jim thinks Jessica may have an eating disorder.
134. Women may fall when there’s no strength in men.
135. This problem may be solved in a variety of ways.
136. Even peace may be purchased at too high a price.
137. We know what we are but know not what we may be.
138. Academic fraud may be more common than you think.
139. Steve sneezes quite often. He may have hay fever.
140. We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
141. Aim for the moon. If you miss you may hit a star.
142. Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.
143. Get a name to rise early, and you may lie all day.
144. It may not be easy to get to know reliable people.
145. You may as well know that I am a strict instructor.
146. I may get bad grades in exams, I’m not sure of any.
147. You may not believe it, but it is nonetheless true.
148. Greed may do your bidding, but death serves no man.
149. The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.
150. Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.
151. One may miss the mark by aiming too high as too low.
152. He that comes first to the hill may sit where he will.
153. The world is round so that friendship may encircle it.
154. But a new study suggests that the opposite may be true.
155. People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.
156. A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.
157. There’s no chair to sit anywhere, May I sit next to you?
158. The beggar may sing before the thief (before a footpad).
159. Beauty may be skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone.
160. They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself.
161. You may not set up a roadside stall without prior notice.
162. A child may receive an allowance each week or each month.
163. You may go to the party provided that you’re home by 9.00.
164. We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.
165. I told him all the facts that it may upset him that I lied.
166. If you lend him some money, He may not give it back to you.
167. You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.
168. A broken friendship may be soldered, but will never be sound.
169. The only excuse for war is that we may live in peace unharmed.
170. I may have busted my head a few times, but I’m not that stupid.
171. An obstacle may be either a stepping stone or a stumbling block.
172. Courage seems now to have deserted him. May it quickly reappear.
173. Several concepts may be considered when thinking about invention.
174. People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.
175. However cold it may be, Alex still jogs ten kilometers every day.
176. Human intelligence may not be the best trick nature has to offer.
177. Men despise religion. They hate it and are afraid it may be true.
178. However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.
179. Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance.
180. May our hearts garden of awakening bloom with hundreds of flowers.
181. Let’s give some substance to patriotism. It may take a generation.
182. I may not know everything, but everything is not known yet anyway.
183. I am not in the least forbidden. You may sample me all you choose.
184. Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.
185. Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.
186. Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.
187. To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.
188. If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.
189. Don’t try to make children grow up to be like you, or they may do it.
190. Beware of the half truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half.
191. One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility.
192. In May 2014, the Moon had faster broadband than most of rural Britain.
193. Indeed, your biggest challenge may be to fully harness your strengths.
194. I bought myself a thick coat in case it may be very rainy this winter.
195. I may be as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.
196. Man may have discovered fire, but women discovered how to play with it.
197. If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is natures way.
198. If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is nature’s way.
199. I may not look like much, but I’m an expert at pretending to be a ninja.
200. If you agree to become an organ donor, you may help save someone’s life.
201. It is also an essential nutrient that the body may need to get from food.
202. To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
203. One man’s ways may be as good as another’s, but we all like our own best.
204. Business, you know, may bring you money, but friendship hardly ever does.
205. May I request a new uniform? A towel seems inappropriate for the position.
206. Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
207. The roads snowed all night on the rocks, watch out that your car may slide.
208. Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.
209. You may play outside until the streetlights come on and I called your name.
210. Men, even when alone, lighten their labors by song, however rude it may be.
211. If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
212. Never deny a diagnosis but do deny the negative verdict that may go with it.
213. Beware of missing chances; otherwise it may be altogether too late some day.
214. You may be a very smart person, but this behavior you do is not good at all.
215. May the IRS find that you deduct your pet sheep as an entertainment expense.
216. Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.
217. So practise. You may get depressed, but its evidence that you are doing good.
218. You may be a very clever person, but this behavior you do is not good at all.
219. Never deny a diagnosis, but do deny the negative verdict that may go with it.
220. It may be Nature’s provision for maintaining the balance of the species, sir.
221. I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken.
222. Injustice is plaguing the countryside! And I think pie may be the only answer.
223. We want to take good tidings home to our people, that they may sleep in peace.
224. Men are different. When they are in love they may also have other girlfriends.
225. Theologians may quarrel, but the mystics of the world speak the same language.
226. A fool may ask more questions in an hour than a wise man can er in seven years.
227. Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.
228. You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
229. Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.
230. Motherhood is priced Of God, at price no man may dare To lessen or misunderstand.
231. While Hate inflames his bosom, possibly He may feel contented with his situation.
232. I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
233. Some narcissists may have a limited or minimal capability to experience emotions.
234. For some children, however, that adorable baby fat may turn into a health concern.
235. You may be a very intelligent person, but this behavior you do is not good at all.
236. The wisdom of the wise, and the experience of ages, may be preserved by quotation.
237. I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
238. Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.
239. The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end.
240. In actual life a downward movement may sometimes be made the beginning of an ascent.
241. When you’ve seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there.
242. Sadness may be part of life but there is no need to let it dominate your entire life.
243. The future is now. It’s time to grow up and be strong. Tomorrow may well be too late.
244. Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
245. I’ve always said money may buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail.
246. I’m the only man in the world with a marriage licence made out to whom it may concern.
247. Marriage may often be a stormy lake, but celibacy is almost always a muddy horse pond.
248. The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.
249. Without the familiar to rely upon, you may not in as much command as you had once been.
250. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.