10 examples of common nouns
We use many words when speaking or writing. We include different kinds of words in the sentence, such as verb, pronoun, adjective. Nouns are classified as a common noun and a proper noun. It will be the kind of common noun we will be looking at here. A common noun does not represent a specific item. On the contrary, the common noun is used in general denominations. As an example, we can say words such as computers, phones, doors, beds, and closets. Because these and such words do not represent a single item.
How to Use Common Nouns?
Common nouns are used to express an abstract or concrete concept. As long as it does not make a special meaning, it can be used as desired. Common nouns per sentence usually begin with a capital letter, but common nouns in a sentence must begin with a lowercase letter. The presence of a word that begins with a capital letter in a sentence indicates that it is a proper noun.
Here are 10 Examples of Common Noun and Example Sentences;
Common Nouns in Sentences
- The computer I just bought is very solid.
- He broke the plate I gave him to put on the table.
- She could not look at the TV because her eyes were on the phone all the time.
- I washed all the pillows in the room.
- I accidentally broke my favorite glass.
- I added new books to the library.
- I have never seen my mother
- Tomorrow we will go swimming with my cousin.
- My brother was promoted today.
- My grandfather is very old now.