List of 52 Prepositions and Examples
1. About: They have a discussion about football.
2. Above: A plane is flying above the village.
3. Abroad: Mary went abroad.
4. According to: According to my family, I’m a clever student.
5. Across: You can swim across the river.
6. After: I slept after I arrived at my house.
7. Against: This company is up against bankruptcy.
8. Ago: She came back school a while ago.
9. Ahead of: We are ahead of our work schedule.
10. Along: Are you going along?
11. Amidst: I think my sister was luck woman. My sister was born and reared amidst plenty.
12. As well as: My son plays the piano as well as he plays basketball.
13. Aside: My family has a little money put aside.
14. At: She was at home.
15. Away: Put your laptop away.
16. Because of: She was late because of missing the train.
17. Before: C goes before D in Alphabet.
18. Behind: The shaker is behind the glass.
19. Below: It is 20 degrees below zero.
20. Beneath: Alex is sitting beneath the pine tree.
21. Beside: My brother sat down beside me.
22. Besides: Besides, it’s still early for me.
23. Between: My home is between library and bank.
24. Beyond: Barcelona football club’s success is beyond question.
25. But: We are very hungry, but the fridge is empty.
26. By: I always goes to work by train.
27. Except: Nobody came the party except George and Alex.
28. For: Is the coffee too hot for you?
29. From: Where are you from?
30. Hence: We travel hence tomorrow to France.
31. In: I live in London.
32. In accordance with: In accordance with the doctor, she is very sick.
33. In addition to: In addition to his car, he has a jeep.
34. Into: Go into the her room and take wallet.
35. Like: She is very clever like me.
36. Near: I live near the sea.
37. Next: The two teams play voleyball the next day.
38. Next to: My wallet is next to pen.
39. Notwithstanding: Notwithstanding the bad weather, they went for a walk.
40. Of: This is a car of my family.
41. Off: I gotta take off.
42. On: My notebook is on the table.
43. On account of: For some critics we might be uncool on account of our popularity.
44. On behalf of: She spoke on behalf of the good plan.
45. Onto: The cat jumped onto the roof.
46. Opposite: “Tall” is the opposite of “short”.
47. Out: Cut it out!
48. Outside: It seems warm outside.
49. Over: When is party over?
50. Owing to: Owing to the rain, the soccer match was cancelled.
51. Past: It is half past seven.
52. Per: I get paid $3.000 per month.