Synonyms However, Definition and Examples
We can express a contrast by using the adverb however with two sentences. It is always followed by a comma.
Example Sentences with However;
- My friends wanted to go outside. However, it is raining.
- I’ll help you however I can.
- Alex and Arya shared an umbrella. However, it wasn’t big enough and they both got wet.
- The movie got good reviews; however, it was very long.
Here are Synonym words with However;
- Her face is serious but nonetheless very friendly.
- Nonetheless Sansa works a lot, she hasn’t any money.
- Notwithstanding the bad weather, they went for a walk.
- It was the same material, notwithstanding the texture seemed different.
- My father was a man of great means, and of great intellect withal.
- Meat smells awful, but tastes delicious.
- I am very hungry, but the fridge is empty.
- Despite the cool day, he don’t want to go out.
- Despite being a millionaire, she lives in a very small ﬂat.
for all that
- He told her once and for all that he would not go to the movie with her.
- Our visit to Niagara falls was very pleasant, howbeit slightly shorter than we had planned.
in spite of
- They helped them in spite of the difficulties
- In spite of all the cooking shows I’ve watched, I’m still no good in the kitchen.
on the other hand
- My sister is clever, but on the other hand she often makes careless mistakes.
- Samuel has bought a new dress but he hasn’t worn it yet.
- He hasn’t watered the flowers yet.
- The per contra is that they themselves are rather malodorous.
- Even though they were millionaires, they drive old cars.
- We are still very hungry, even though we ate very much .
- They felt weary after all their hard work.
- After all that hard work, students deserve a holiday.
all the same
- It’s all the same to me whether our team loses or wins.
- Well, anyhow they’re going to end it.
be that as it may