English Color Name List, List Of Colors
LIST OF COLORS
Colors are visual perceptions that are identified by color categories such as yellow, pink, green, blue, red and black.
- Navy blue
- Dark blue
- Navy and etc…
–We use the adjectives ‘light’, ‘dark’ and ‘bright’ to indicate the hue of the colors.
A dark green skirt, the dark blue car, two dark brown chairs
A Light pink fingernail polish, a light purple blanket
Four bright orange pumpkins, bright purple, a bright yellow sun etc.
– When asking the color of an object ‘What color is … / are … ?’ We use the pattern.
What color is it?
– It is blue.
What color are balloons?
– Balloons are pink.
What color is your car?
– My car is black.
What color are his bother’s balls?
-His bother’s balls are white.
What color are they?
– They are maroon.
– When we want to qualify objects for which we are not sure of the color, we can add ‘- ish’ to the end of the color.
Bluish, reddish, brownish, blackish, greenish etc.
– How to use colors in a sentence?
– In English, colors are called adjectives because they indicate the property of an entity. The colors are also written before the word described.
I like to eat black olives for breakfast.
White – winged birds are flying like an angel.
Favourite girl have blue eyes.
Some speech patterns:
– What is your favorite color?
+ My favorite color is red but i like wearing pink shoes.
– Really, do you have pink shoes?
+Yes, I have two pink shoes. I usually wear them in summer because i wear dark color shoes in winter.
– Good. What color are your hat?
+They are in different colors. They usually bright colors.