English Color Name List, List Of Colors
Colors are visual perceptions that are identified by color categories such as yellow, pink, green, blue, red and black.
–We use the adjectives ‘light’, ‘dark’ and ‘bright’ to indicate the hue of the colors.
A dark green skirt, the dark blue car, two dark brown chairs
A Light pink fingernail polish, a light purple blanket
Four bright orange pumpkins, bright purple, a bright yellow sun etc.
– When asking the color of an object ‘What color is … / are … ?’ We use the pattern.
What color is it?
– It is blue.
What color are balloons?
– Balloons are pink.
What color is your car?
– My car is black.
What color are his bother’s balls?
-His bother’s balls are white.
What color are they?
– They are maroon.
– When we want to qualify objects for which we are not sure of the color, we can add ‘- ish’ to the end of the color.
Bluish, reddish, brownish, blackish, greenish etc.
– How to use colors in a sentence?
– In English, colors are called adjectives because they indicate the property of an entity. The colors are also written before the word described.
I like to eat black olives for breakfast.
White – winged birds are flying like an angel.
Favourite girl have blue eyes.
Some speech patterns:
– What is your favorite color?
+ My favorite color is red but i like wearing pink shoes.
– Really, do you have pink shoes?
+Yes, I have two pink shoes. I usually wear them in summer because i wear dark color shoes in winter.
– Good. What color are your hat?
+They are in different colors. They usually bright colors.
Sentences with Neatly, Neatly in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Neatly
Sentences with Navy, Navy in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Navy
Sentences with Naked, Naked in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Naked
Sentences with Mystery, Mystery in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Mystery
Sentences with Musician, Musician in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Musician
Sentences with Museum, Museum in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Museum