Adverbs of Certainty, Definition and Example Sentences
Table of Contents
Adverbs of Certainty
It may be a good idea to expand your vocabulary so that you can reflect the English language most strongly in the sentences you use. Especially in everyday life, we often come across slang expressions, unsolicited words, or phrases. Because unlike written language, where grammatical rules are always strictly determined, everyday spoken language is much more flexible. It is possible to say that adverbs of certainty and adverbs of uncertainty are the types of words that are frequently used in the English language, especially in everyday conversation. In today’s content, we will examine especially the adverbs of certainty options with you.
Adverbs Of Time Using and Examples in English
If you wish, you can also examine the sample sentences established with these adverbs of certainty options, and you can make more rules-appropriate sentences thanks to these sentences.
This word, which is frequently used in both daily life and academic articles, is extremely common. Among the adverbs of certainty options, definitely ensures that the sentence expresses a hundred percent clarity. This word used in the sentence indicates that the information provided by the sentence does not contain probability.
- The man will definitely get the job done extremely quickly, so rest assured.
- The story would definitely end in the simplest way, Alice said, so we trusted you.
- We definitely knew you would come here these days.
If you want to express certain information in your sentences, it may make sense to use certainty adverbs. But if you use the most popular ones constantly, your sentences will look like repetitions of each other and your language use will become poor. To avoid such a situation, you can also use the word certainly, which adds the meaning of certainty.
- He’s certainly a very smart and sane man, you can trust him.
- I think I certainly can start a project with Alice since I have worked with Alice for so long
- You will certainly have a hard time doing this assignment, but the result will make you very happy.
- I struggled with this all day but it was certainly worth it.
Another adverb that you can use when you want to state certain information in a sentence is known as surely. Surely is an extremely popular word. Therefore, you can often see it in essays. However, instead of using it surely in every sentence, you should use different certainty adverb options sequentially.
- I think Martin will surely be there at the right time.
- Nowadays I’m also very tired, I surely need a vacation.
- I got up late today too, but I’ll surely still get all the work done.
- I return very tiredly after going to school, so I surely need to sleep today.
- When I go to a cyclist these days, the rider is always busy, I surely think it will be like this today.
While expressing your opinion or your guess about a subject, do you want to say that you have no doubts about it? Then you can use a special word for it. Undoubtedly is an extremely popular word to use in situations like this. Especially in everyday colloquial language, the word undoubtedly is used frequently. You can use this word in both spoken and written language. Let’s examine the sample sentences if you wish.
- Recently announced data are undoubtedly extremely inaccurate.
- You undoubtedly should read this book to get results in the fastest way possible.
- When making coffee, you undoubtedly should put the coffee after the water, otherwise, the coffee grains may be boiled in the water.
- You undoubtedly need to take notes while reading this book, otherwise, it will be extremely difficult to understand.
How to Use Certanty Adverbs?
We have listed several adverbs of certainty that you can immediately use for you above. You have examined all of them. After examining the sample sentences, we think that you can construct such sentences more easily. When you want to use adverbs of certainty in a sentence, you must always place it in front of the main verb. But if the main verb is to be, you have to use it later.