10 examples of complex sentences
Complex sentences are referred to as an main clause and subordinate clause one sentence. Even if a subject and a verb are found in a sentence, that sentence does not make mean. When these clauses are connected to a main sentence with a conjunction or a pronoun, it can make meaning.
- Don’t leave the restaurant until the dishes here are washed.
- While playing football, the ball thrown by my friend hit the boy crossing the street.
- Elissa was very sick today and we will take her to the hospital now, before she gets worse.
- Even after all these years, when I saw her, I was as excited as the first day.
- The game we went to at the mall today was so much fun no matter how long it lasted.
- Although he wanted to study abroad, he could not go because his father did not want him to go.
- I saw him going to work in the morning when I was going to school.
- While I was cooking he was still playing games on the computer.
- Although I miss him so much, I cannot go to him because I do not have money.
- Although I worked hard, I got a very low grade from the exam and stayed in the classroom.