300 Modal Verb Could Sentences Examples
1. Could I help you?
2. You could be right.
3. Sam could be a cop.
4. We couldn’t go out.
5. We couldn’t risk it.
6. Could you sign here?
7. Could you elaborate?
8. Could we go home now?
9. Alex could be better.
10. Could you just hurry?
11. Could I speak to Mary?
12. Could I have a tissue?
13. Could I say something?
14. I could say something.
15. Could I use your desk?
16. I couldn’t agree more.
17. Could you gift wrap it?
18. You could’ve warned me.
19. I could never hate you.
20. Could I go to the park?
21. You could have done it.
22. How could you leave me?
23. I could lose my pension.
24. I couldn’t fight Samuel.
25. We could do it together.
26. I could hear everything.
27. I feel like I could cry.
28. I couldn’t believe this!
29. I could lose my license.
30. Could I use your pencil?
31. Alex could’ve stopped it.
32. Could you help me please?
33. I couldn’t differentiate.
34. I could call you anytime.
35. He could be your partner.
36. I ran as fast as I could.
37. Could we get out of here?
38. Could I borrow your book?
39. Could I borrow your phone?
40. Could you hand me the pen?
41. Could you spell it please?
42. Alex could hardly breathe.
43. I could just refuse to go.
44. Could I use your notebook?
45. I came as fast as I could.
46. Could you bring my wallet?
47. Jim couldn’t stop yawning.
48. Could I see the timetable?
49. We could meet for a drink.
50. You could go out for relax.
51. He could not speak clearly.
52. They could freeze to death.
53. Could you spell it, please?
54. Maybe we could collaborate.
55. How could you be so stupid?
56. I could use some help here.
57. I would help you if I could.
58. He could have been a doctor.
59. I could hear Samuel yelling.
60. I wish I could make it work.
61. You could have called first.
62. Could you lend me this book?
63. I could actually be arrested.
64. Alex couldn’t defend himself.
65. Could you hand me the pencil?
66. Could you send me a brochure?
67. Could you give me a discount?
68. Could you give me an example?
69. Could I borrow your notebook?
70. I couldn’t find out anything.
71. Could you please play a tango?
72. Could I borrow your gray suit?
73. I could help you with Spanish.
74. Could I have some more coffee?
75. Could I have some tea, please?
76. Could you pleasse repeat that?
77. Steve couldn’t help but blush.
78. Could you phone the neighbors?
79. I got here as fast as I could.
80. I guess I could give it a try.
81. Do you think you could do that?
82. When I was young, I could swim.
83. Could I ask you some questions?
84. We could understand each other.
85. I thought I could count on you.
86. Could I take your book, please?
87. He could see the headlines now.
88. He couldn’t get unhealthy food.
89. I could read between the lines.
90. Could you turn the volume down?
91. I’m sorry but we could get more.
92. It could be noticed in the dark.
93. I couldn’t find Sarah’s address.
94. You could at least buy a hybrid.
95. I could order you to go with me.
96. I always knew this could happen.
97. Frank couldn’t be with us today.
98. I could use a little more money.
99. Could you please close the door?
100. Could you cancel my reservation?
101. Samuel could hardly believe him.
102. If we don’t help, she could die.
103. I could smell something burning.
104. Could I please use your computer?
105. Alex could use the moral support.
106. Steve couldn’t contain his anger.
107. I could tell Samuel was relieved.
108. I could scarcely stand on my feet.
109. When I was 6, I could ride a bike.
110. He could not sign official papers.
111. A lot of crime could be prevented.
112. What could‘ve given you that idea?
113. Everybody asked if you could help.
114. I wish I could tell you otherwise.
115. Could you wrap them up separately?
116. I could recite the story by heart.
117. We could’ve sworn I saw something.
118. Could I see your driver’s license?
119. I couldn’t take my eyes off Samuel.
120. See, I told you Mary couldn’t swim.
121. Few great men could pass personnel.
122. Do you know where else I could try?
123. I could not keep silent any longer.
124. Could you rarely water the flowers?
125. They could use some new good ideas.
126. Do you think it could have a virus?
127. I just couldn’t go through with it.
128. I could not have said it any better.
129. Could you please turn down the heat?
130. I wish we could repay your kindness.
131. I brought you here so we could talk.
132. She did everything she could to win.
133. He couldn’t finish his work on time.
134. You could sit on my lap if you want.
135. Frank couldn’t lift Mary’s suitcase.
136. Jessica could not carry out her plan.
137. Samuel couldn’t lift Mary’s suitcase.
138. I could barely contain my excitement.
139. I could swim faster when I was young.
140. Alex couldn’t maintain his authority.
141. The boys wish they could go to Paris.
142. We could not get a job at those times.
143. I feel like I could eat the world raw.
144. I couldn’t have left my pen at school.
145. I couldn’t go out because of the rain.
146. You could hear a pin drop in the room.
147. I was tired, however I couldn’t sleep.
148. I could have done it faster by myself.
149. How could you hold down the situation?
150. Could you please give me a quick tour?
151. I could barely walk when I was a baby.
152. I never thought it could happen to me.
153. I couldn’t resist the urge to applaud.
154. Could you elaborate on your new theory?
155. The coat I gave him couldn’t fit on it.
156. Could you please overlook it this time?
157. I wish people could be a little modest.
158. My friend could always beat her sister.
159. I wish people could be a little humble.
160. I couldn’t draw pictures in high school.
161. He couldn’t have this house. He is poor.
162. I could play a guitar when I was a child
163. Samuel couldn’t help but laugh out loud.
164. You literally couldn’t be a bigger mess.
165. You could hear the blast for kilometers.
166. Do you have a lawn mower I could borrow?
167. I could hold out against the new reform.
168. He couldn’t have done it without the pin.
169. I could not upload the video to the site.
170. He told me he could fall in love with me.
171. I could play a guitar when I was a child.
172. He wanted to put on his hat but couldn’t.
173. She could not get rid of the fear in her.
174. The house could accommodate two families.
175. My son couldn’t eat because of excitement.
176. I just wish I could contribute more money.
177. Steve couldn’t adapt to new circumstances.
178. 83.The coat I gave him couldn’t fit on it.
179. It’s so hot outside, you could fry an egg.
180. He was sick, so he couldn’t play football.
181. I can’t my key. Where could I have put it?
182. I could not agree with you more my friend.
183. Excuse me, could I just ask you something?
184. I’d be very grateful if you could help me.
185. I couldn’t stay, for the area was violent.
186. I could not stop myself from crying aloud.
187. I’d be delighted if you could come with us.
188. Could I get you to update this data for me?
189. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him.
190. You searched everywhere you could think of.
191. He could speak seven languages in thirties.
192. George could hardly breathe after the race.
193. Nobody could sleep because she was snoring.
194. I could kick myself for not bringing a map.
195. He insisted so much that I couldn’t say no.
196. I searched for hours, but couldn’t find it.
197. He could not forsake his friend in trouble.
198. You could go bowling with Steve if you want.
199. I wish things could‘ve happened differently.
200. No one could explain what was going on here.
201. Could my father join us tomorrow for dinner?
202. I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
203. I opened the door so that she could come in.
204. I wish I could go and visit my aunt tomorrow.
205. Pam could not stop herself from crying aloud.
206. I tried to call her but couldn’t get through.
207. I couldn’t understand why she frowned at him.
208. Samuel could hear Mary crunching on a carrot.
209. You could see the glow of the fire for miles.
210. I couldn’t understand why she frowned at him.
211. If you’d come with me, we could have had fun.
212. Could you describe to the jury what happened?
213. Notable due to the fact’s face could be seen.
214. I could fall in love with you all over again.
215. “You could say sorry” suggested Harry bluntly.
216. We could not see the pine trees in the forest.
217. 114.He was sick, so he couldn’t play football.
218. He could play football well when he was a kid.
219. I could be honest with you if I wasn’t scared.
220. What could they draw? They could draw a horse.
221. I could visit many places if I had more money.
222. Even if I had more time, I couldn’t study hard.
223. We couldn’t get in because the door was locked.
224. He clung to the hope that he could be a lawyer.
225. He was an expert, he could talk about anything.
226. You could say I’m on the troubleshooting squad.
227. Could you ever excited when you took the exams?
228. She could have spoken any languages she wanted.
229. I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you.
230. He could not come to school due to his illness.
231. Because of the dense fog, nobody could be seen.
232. Could you turn that music down a little, please?
233. My dear, I wish things could get back to normal.
234. You could see the look of scorn on Steve’s face.
235. I could speak four languages when I was younger.
236. He was very unhappy because he couldn’t go home.
237. Steve could have phrased his answer more kindly.
238. He clung to the hope that he could be a attorney
239. I could have bought a new house but I didn’t buy.
240. I could have passed the exam, but I never worked.
241. Thanks for thinking of me. I really wish I could.
242. I only wish there was some way I could repay you.
243. I’d be delighted if you could join us for dinner.
244. Steve could not attend the class due to headache.
245. I’d be delighted if you could join us for dinner.
246. You overslept and consequently couldn’t join them.
247. You could have told us about this. Why didn’t you?
248. Samara looked around but she couldn’t see the cat.
249. They could go to the movies if you are interested.
250. Could you verify that your computer is plugged in?
251. Could you please explain this to me one more time?
252. You overslept and consequently couldn’t join them.
253. Owing to the storm, the ship could not leave port.
254. Steve clung to the hope that he could be a lawyer.
255. Could you put these fragile things in a safe place?
256. She could have been famous but she did not want to.
257. Could you tell me where the post office is, please?
258. Could you get me a glass of water from the kitchen?
259. If you called me, I could find you some suggestion.
260. It’s a shame Samuel couldn’t make it to your party.
261. If I ate that, I don’t know if I could keep it down.
262. If I were in good health, I could pursue my studies.
263. I could help you with Spanish if you are interested.
264. This is a very good book, but we could write better.
265. Could you fill it up and take a look at the oil, too?
266. He could think in italics. Such people need watching.
267. If you want, we could go out for dinner after school?
268. He couldn’t convince her mother to buy her a new car.
269. I could have run away from my mother, as I wanted to.
270. You could start a fire with the heat between you two.
271. 10.If it were wet now, we couldn’t go out for a walk.
272. I could practically feel my blood bubbling with steam.
273. This new method could be an important step in success.
274. Could you clarify the meaning of your sentence for me?
275. if we could concur that fear, we just might be strong.
276. The president couldn’t hold back his anger any longer.
277. If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?
278. She couldn’t lift heavy loads because she was pregnant.
279. 50 years ago, when I was young, I couldn’t sleep early.
280. When I woke up in my tent, I could not believe my eyes.
281. Although he went to school, he could not take the exam.
282. I didn’t know you could get buried in your own silence.
283. Since he was very drunk, he couldn’t drive his car home.
284. Frank couldn’t sneak out of the dorm without being seen.
285. My mother thinks I could have even run a larger company.
286. Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
287. If I understood what the teacher said, I could tell you.
288. I could not find the location of our house from the map.
289. He was aware that depression could have chemical causes.
290. The meal couldn’t have been awful. It was very delicious.
291. They could hear the sounds of shots and exploding shells.
292. Your sense of judgement could use a dash of common sense.
293. Alex wished that he could play tennis as well as Jessica.
294. She passed by so fast that we could not tell who she was.
295. If my dad hadn’t helped me, I couldn’t fix the car alone.
296. Think how hard physics would be if particles could think.
297. If my dad hadn’t helped me, I couldn’t fix the car alone.
298. So that he could keep him job, he didn’t complain at all.
299. George wishes he could speak English as well as John does.
300. They declined Samuel’s invitation as kindly as they could.
301. Where is Susan? I don’t know she could have fallen asleep.
302. I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.