Sentences with Past, Past in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Past
1. It’s half past seven.
2. It’s past the square.
3. It is half past seven.
4. Alex is past his prime.
5. It’s a quarter past five.
6. What is past is prologue.
7. It’s two minutes past six.
8. It’s probably past midnight.
9. Things past cannot be recalled.
10. The bus goes at half past 2 pm.
11. A word spoken is past recalling.
12. The past is past. Let us look ahead.
13. I have breakfast at half past seven.
14. They inquired about his past experience.
15. I write past the embarrassment of exposure.
16. The beauty of the past belongs to the past.
17. I tried to squeeze past him. Unsuccessfully.
18. The past is always tense, the future perfect.
19. The past has no power over the present moment.
20. The past is never where you think you left it.
21. Air quality has deteriorated these past few years.
22. This has been the trend for the past twenty years.
23. He’s been confined to bed for the past three months.
24. Sitting on the floor, I’d replay the past in my head.
25. Keep in mind that people change, but the past doesn’t.
26. The dog has been barking incessantly for the past hour.
27. I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three.
28. Mosques have developed significantly over the past 1400 years.
29. It can’t be spring if your heart is filled with past failures.
30. Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.
31. What was past was past. I suppose that was the general attitude.
32. For the past 10 years, there has been a strong interest in organic foods.
33. Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
34. Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses his past and is dead for the future.
35. The hardships that I encountered in the past will help me succeed in the future.
36. Do you have any idea how late it is? Go to sleep,” she scolded as she hurried past him.
37. Music replays the past memories, awaken our forgotten worlds and make our minds travel.
38. A safe but sometimes chilly way of recalling the past is to force open a crammed drawer.
39. The reading of all good books is like conversation with the finest men of past centuries.
40. If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.
41. There is no past or future. Using tenses to divide time is like making chalk marks on water.
42. Trying to sneak a fastball past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster.
43. Memory is a snare, pure and simple; it alters, it subtly rearranges the past to fit the present.
44. Gratitude looks to the Past and love to the Present; fear, avarice, lust, and ambition look ahead.
45. My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me.
46. Men who think that a woman’s past love affairs lessen her love for them are usually stupid and weak.
47. Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
48. The past has no power to stop you from being present now. Only your grievance about the past can do that.
49. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
50. I have been wounded like this since about half past eight this morning and I will tell you how it happened.
51. The difference in judgement between you and me originates from different rules derived from past experience.
52. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.