Sentences with Slight, Slight in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Slight
1. The food tasted slightly of garlic.
2. The tower leaned slightly to the west.
3. The economy is in a slight depression.
4. My father seems to be slightly annoyed.
5. What he said was a slight exaggeration.
6. Can you show us a slightly bigger house?
7. To modify is to change or transform, but only slightly.
8. She fell silent, puf?ng slightly, the crewmembers staring at her.
9. Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.
10. Across the room, Hale smiled slightly. ‘We can draw you a diagram if you need it.
11. There’s something to be said about a slightly plump person—you have just enough of too much.
12. Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and mildly socially retarded, I’m a complete disaster.
13. Oxygen levels in the atmosphere are trending slightly downward globally, possibly because of fossil-fuel burning.
14. A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.
15. Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries – for heavy ones they cannot.
16. A mismatched outfit, a slightly defective denture, an exquisite mediocrity of the soul-those are the details that make a woman real, alive.
17. Chelsea Morning is a great Joni Mitchell song and I guess I’m partial to her lyrics because they show me a slightly different perspective on life.
18. She felt slightly guilty for eavesdropping on Kaz, but he was the one who had turned her into a spy. You couldn’t train a falcon, then expect it not to hunt.
19. Femininity is depicted as weakness, the sapping of strength, yet masculinity is so fragile that apparently even the slightest brush with the feminine destroys it.
20. Great minds that are healthy are never considered geniuses, while this sublime qualification is lavished on brains that are often inferior but are slightly touched by madness.