Sentences with Upwards, Upwards in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Upwards
1. We are not going in circles, we are going upwards.
2. Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.
3. For defensive headers, you want to be heading the ball at an angle away from your post and upwards into the air.
4. Even in decline, a virtuous man increases the beauty of his behavior. A burning stick, though turned to the ground, has its flame drawn upwards.
5. Part of the reason for the ugliness of adults, in a child’s eyes, is that the child is usually looking upwards, and few faces are at their best when seen from below.
1. She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches, with sad eyes, the slow dance of the infinite stars.
2. Heights by great men reached and kept were not obtained by sudden flight but, while their companions slept, they were toiling upward in the night.