Sentences with Wretched, Wretched in a Sentence in English, Sentences For Wretched
1. We men are wretched things.
2. Eleanor went to her room “where she was free to think and be wretched.
3. There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.
4. Had I been in love, I could not have been more wretchedly blind. But vanity, not love, has been my folly.
5. Perhaps all a Tsaritsa is is a beautiful cold girl in the snow, looking down at someone wretched, and not yielding.
6. A man’s heart is a wretched, wretched thing. It isn’t like a mother’s womb. It won’t bleed. It won’t stretch to make room for you.
7. Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road.
8. I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. Nothing else.
9. My whole wretched life swam before my weary eyes, and I realized no matter what you do it’s bound to be a waste of time in the end so you might as well go mad.
10. There was something alike terrifying and piteous in the spectacle of these frail old morsels of humanity consecrating their last flickering energies to the task of making each other wretched.
11. Your success and happiness are forgiven you only if you generously consent to share them. But to be happy it is essential not to be too concerned with others. Consequently, there is no escape. Happy and judged, or absolved and wretched.