5 Examples of Factual Statements, Definition and Examples
Table of Contents
We see factual statements in many places in daily life. So what does the factual statement actually mean? We will tell you about this in our article and give examples. You can read our article to find out.
What Is a Factual Statement?
A factual statement means a provable statement. Subjective ideas do not count as factual statements. Only objective statements are considered factual statements. For example, anything that can be proven by science appears as a factual statement. These statements can never be wrong. This is not a factual statement if you find it wrong.
If a sentence is claimed to be a factual statement, you can verify it by looking at its scientific truth. If what is said is a provable statement, the sentence is a truly factual statement.
5 Examples of Factual Statements
You will see many different factual statement examples below. These will help you understand the topic better.
- There are only 8 planets in the solar system. Their names are as follows; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
- Jane Austen has written dozens of books, but her most famous book is Pride and Prejudice. Different films have been shot inspired by this novel.
- Facebook was founded in 2004 and has been the most visited and used social media for many years.
- There are a total of 208 different countries in the world and there are 7 continents.
- The periodic table is important for chemistry lessons and 118 different elements are included in the periodic table.
Here are more factual statement examples
- There have been eight crusades in total and they are all different from each other.
- English is a universal language and is taught as a compulsory subject in most countries.
- Humans have 5 sense organs. With these sense organs, we perceive what is happening around us.
- This poet wrote 300 different poems throughout his life. Later, these poems were made into a book and put up for sale in different countries.
- Biography is the name given to literary works written to describe a person’s life. In these works, important sections of a person’s life are included and the chronological order is taken into consideration.
- Michael Jackson had multiple plastic surgeries and later passed away. Some people believe he is still alive.