English Grammar – Using Provided, Definiton and Example Sentences
Provided means if or only if. It is subordinating conjunction. It expresses condition and are used at the beginning of a subordinate clause.
- They can listen to music provided they disturb nobody.
- I can afford to have a holiday provided that I earn 1000 dollars a day.
- His work provided no outlet for his energies and talents.
- I will send, always provided that you accept, my carriage for you on any day that you may appoint.
- You can borrow my notebook provided that you promise to use carefully.