English Grammar – Using Therefore, Definiton and Example Sentences
Therefore is used to show the result /effect of an action. Therefore is a conjunctive adverb. You can use it as a transition word in sentences.
- She came first. Therefore she got a good seat.
- Mary studied hard for the chemistry exam. Therefore, she got an A+.
- There were not enough participants. Therefore, the trip was cancelled.
- This is my only chance, therefore I’m going to do my best.
- I’m sleepy. Therefore, I’m going to bed.
- I think, therefore I am.
- I had studied a lot, therefore I passed the math exam easily.