How To Use WHILE in English, Definition and Example Sentences
While is a conjunction. It links two ideas that contrast with each other.
- Chicken meat is white, while that of an ox is red.
- She is wealthy while we are poor.
- While we did all the job, they enjoyed themselves.
- The south has a hot, dry climate, while the north has a milder, wetter climate.
- While you help her, she doesn’t help anyone.
- While I like pop music my husband hates it.
- While I am lazy, my sister is really hard-working.
- While his wife likes operas, he doesn’t.
- He is careful, while I take risks.
- While roaming around the city we saw many interesting sights.