English 10 homonyms with meanings and sentences
Break – Brake:
Break: pause, stopover
- Who broke this glass?
- I couldn’t brake while in the car.
Cache – Cash:
Cache: gros over, hide
- I caught my grandpa’s caches.
- Withdraw all the cash in the bank and bring it to me.
Scents – Sense:
Scents: smell, odor
- The scents in this shop are very nice.
- This sense makes me very happy.
Chance – Chants:
Chance: luck, opportunity
Chants: hymn, anthem
- I wish you good chance in your exam.
- Today we listen to chants.
Chile – Chili:
Chile: a country in South America
Chili: red pepper
- This summer we will go to Chile on vacation.
- Did you put chili pepper in the dish?
Choir – Quire:
Quire: four sheets of paper or parchment folded to form eight leaves
- This is the most impressive choir I’ve ever heard.
- Can you get me a quire?
Site – Sight:
Site: place, location
Sight: seeing, vision
- Almost all the sites in our country are historical.
- They are not all within sight.
Climb – Clime:
Clime: land, realm
- I do not have the courage to climb the highest mountain in the world.
- Clime has changed a lot now.
Facts: the real
Fax: send (a document) by fax
- The facts we heard were pretty scary.
- In order to be accepted into this business, we need to send a fax to the company.
Finnish – Finish:
Finnish: relating to the Finns or their language.
Finish: end, complete
- Our neighbors who have just moved to the apartment are Finnish.
- I finished the morning swimming race first.