English Words List, Common English Words Used In Daily Life, Definitons and Example Sentences
Common English Words Used In Daily Life
As in any language, English has frequently used words in daily life. These frequently used words facilitate communication in daily life. Knowing common words while learning a new language increases competence in that language.
These common words benefit us a lot when shopping, writing mail, writing letters, making a daily conversation on the phone or face to face. Words commonly used in English are given below with explanation and example sentences:
Use: To take advantage of something or an object for a specific purpose.
- Can I use your phone to call my mom because my phone is running out of charge?
See: Knowing the existence of something with the help of the eye, looking.
- I saw you yesterday, you were tired.
Like: To enjoy something, to like it.
- I like you since the first time I saw you.
First: be ahead of time, place and order, be first.
- I was the first student of our school this year, everyone is proud of me.
Any: This word is used when talking about anything.
- You don’t know how to behave in any event.
Work: To produce anything, profession, to work regularly, to serve.
- Since I am sick, I will not be able to go to work today because I have a report.
Now: The moment we live, the moment we are in.
- To be able to apply them in your life, now you have to listen carefully to everything I will tell you.
Such: This word is used when trying to give an example about a topic or other things.
- I love reading books, but there are a few genres that I especially love to read, such as horror, adventure and science fiction.
Think: In order to make a judgment, to evaluate, compare, research, to produce thoughts, to perform mental activities.
- Lanon was thinking about his dog and cats.
Most: We can use this word when talking about something, an object or a subject, the most about all this.
- We have learned that the most widely used language in the world is English.
Find: It uses it to search for an unknown information or object, to ensure the emergence of lost things, to investigate things that are known to exist but do not know where.
- I saw her crying today because she lost her beloved necklace, so I went around looking for her necklace all day.
Day: It is the name given to the 24-hour period created by the world rotating around its own axis.
- Today we learned the names of the days of the week at school and now we know how many days in a month.
Before: Leading an object, thought or other things.
- It says my name before your name in the class list, you can check if you want.
Great: This word is used when talking about the perfection of an object, emotion or other things.
- I want you to understand how great I am feeling.
Back: It is called the back of something.
- I suggest you move back to the queue or we will get stuck here.
Long: It is used to mean that something or a situation takes a long time.
- I have been preparing for this exam for a long time, I hope I can pass with a good grade.
Because: This word is used to connect what we say or do for a reason.
- I need to study very well for this exam because I want to go abroad this summer to get a master’s degree.
Good: It is used to say that something, a situation, an emotion or any object is good.
- We all know that you are a good person, so you should believe it.
Feel: It means to contain any emotion in it.
- You feel relieved because the school is over, but life begins here.
Place: The area we are in is the place.
- Does anyone know which place will be held for our meeting today?
World: The earth in which we live and live our lives.
- They always said that the world is small, I believe in this now that I have met in this country even though I have not been able to meet you.
Still: It is a word used to indicate that a work is being done or an already existing emotion is still ongoing.
- It’s been 2 years since I left, but I still miss you like the first day.
Hand: It’s a part of our body. It is a part of our arm that we can do many of our jobs through this body.
- Your hands are always very dirty, please wash often, or you will be sick.
Old: This word is used when talking about a non-new object or anything or we can use this word when talking about elderly individuals.
- My mom is very old now, I understood this when I noticed that she was tired up the stairs.
Life: Living in the world we live in.
- You should never let others decide about your life, buddy.
Tell: Talking about a subject or a job, giving a speech, saying something to someone.
- I know you can’t come to a conclusion about this topic, so you can tell me everything.
Write: Writing on a piece of paper or anywhere with a pen or other item.
- I see how much your feelings have accumulated so I have a suggestion for you; writing, I’m sure it will make you very comfortable.
Say: This word is used to talk about a subject, to express emotions, to talk, to express something to someone.
- I said you last year that everything would be great one day, but you chose not to believe me.
They: It is an pronoun used when talking about more than one person.
- They said they would come here today, so we were prepared, but we still did not come and did not even report anything.
Have: It means having an object, an emotion, or anything.
- It is a great feeling to have bicycles in such a nice weather, because we can go to the beach and enjoy the good weather, we can have fun.