Collective Noun For Monkeys, Collective Nouns List Monkeys
Collective Noun For Monkeys
In order to be able to use the English language gracefully, you must first know about collective nouns. Otherwise, unfortunately, the words you use to put sentences together will not seem compatible with each other. While conducting research on collective nouns, we realized that there was intense confusion about which types of collective nouns should be used, especially for different species in the animal kingdom. That’s why we decided to examine the issue of collective nouns for monkeys with you today.
Here are 200 examples of collective nouns
We believe that the words you will learn new can be really useful for you, especially in speaking activities or essay writing activities where you need to talk about the wild animal world. There are many resources on collective nouns in the online world. However, we believe that we stand out from the others as a platform that explains the collective nouns you can use with each animal along with their meanings.
If you wish, let’s examine the most used collective nouns for monkey options with you.
Troop of monkeys
For animals that are generally human-like in structure and anatomy, collective nouns can be used in different ways. One of the popular collective noun varieties that can be used to characterize monkeys is known as Troop. The word troop is perfect for expressing monkeys that coexist. Apes are called primates, unlike other animals. So the social behavior of these animals is very similar to that of humans. So rather than calling the apes coexistent as a herd, it might make sense to describe them as a community of individuals. In this context, using the word troop as a collective noun will work.
If you want to use the word troop, use it with a preposition and noun. In this way, you will have the best results in terms of grammar rules. We will share with you a few sample sentences using troop of monkeys. You can take a brief look at them.
- Troop of monkeys has always been used for experiments in social psychology in the last century.
- When I went to the zoo, I saw that troop of monkeys were playing around a tree in a very enjoyable way.
- If you want to review the Troop of monkeys, I recommend watching a documentary, there are excellent documentaries on this subject.
Tribe of monkeys
You may need to use a large number of collective nouns when you want to characterize animals that coexist, live in communities, or come together for some activities. In addition, if you want your English to be really rich and impressive, we recommend you to use different collective nouns in different sentences that are suitable for sentence structure. People looking for collective nouns for monkeys can use the word tribe with peace of mind. The word tribe, which you can use especially for monkeys that share the same habitat, can also be used for humans alone. The word tribe can also be used as a collective noun for a few forest animals.
- Would you like to see the sentences containing collective noun examples established with the word Tribe? If you wish, you can take a general look at the sentences below.
- The tribe of monkey was struggling to establish a new habitat for themselves in the depths of the forest.
- Monkeys are animals that love to live together and have extremely strong social relationships, so don’t be surprised when you see a tribe of monkey.
- Tribe of monkey is a group of animals consisting of male and female monkeys, and baby monkeys are also carefully protected.
Cartload of monkeys
We said that we do not prefer to use expressions like flock when talking about monkeys. Because the anatomy of apes and the relationships between apes that resemble human social structure prevents us from calling them flocks. Instead, you can use the word cartload for them. Cartload of monkeys is often used to refer to monkeys that coexist. You can hear this phrase often, especially in documentaries. Here are exaple sentences:
- A cartload of monkeys was playing around the yellow tree.
- I saw a cartload of monkey and it was a little suprizing for me, I could not take their photo.