Using On The Other Hand in English, Example Sentences with On The Other Hand
Using On The Other Hand
It is used when talking about an event, situation or action and vice versa. The use of this is also like. On the other hand pattern appears in books, criticism, novels, essays and poems. Learning this pattern, which is generally used in daily life, will also help to speak English easily. Now let’s look at the example sentences about the use of the on the other hand pattern;
- I want to go to eat, but on the other hand I have to study hard.
- I want to sleep at home, but on the other hand, I have to get into work and earn money.
- I want to play football outside, but on the other hand, I have to iron at home.
- Well, hospitals make money completely. However, on the other hand, if people are in a healthy state, we should not think of it as losing money. On the contrary, we should consider life-saving.
- Everyone mocked with Emma’s idea, but on the other hand, Emma’s idea was very interesting to me.
- Steps taken to correct the economy may seem wrong, but on the other hand, integrity is an absolutely essential policy in terms of principle and reliability.
- The working capacity of this web browser may not be enough for my computer, but on the other hand, this browser allows multitasking, multiple applications to be active and running simultaneously.
- I don’t have much talent in playing football, but on the other hand, I hit the ball with very hard and various violent turns.
- Disciplinary work in newly opened schools can be frustrating, but there are serious restrictions on the use of existing adult education institutions for radical education and action.
Indeed, using the word “on the other hand” makes difficult and over-heard sounds. Sometimes it may be helpful to give a signal to the viewer in advance, as you will provide an opposite view later. This is very useful for advanced processes. However, it is always better to leave out the first part. For example;
- Living in a country with a cold climate is quite difficult for some people, but on the other hand there are also many fun winter activities such as sled that cannot be done in a hot climate.
- New and rapidly developing technological advances made our lives easier, on the other hand, with the creation of weapons that could kill a large number of people, deaths began to increase.
- Life in the United States is easier than in different parts of the world, on the other hand while the stress of everyday American life is also very low.
- Working for long hours is an important way to be successful at work, on the other hand, if this means you have to sacrifice sleep for hours, it won’t be very healthy. Well, is it worth it?