English Exclamatory Sentence, Definition and Example Sentences;
Sentences containing surprise or emotion are called exclamation sentences. An exclamation point is placed at the end of such sentences. The exclamation words used in the exclamation sentences where sudden changing emotions and thoughts are told give information about the course of the sentence.
Here is 10 example of declarative sentence.
For example, it is certain that a sentence that starts with the word alas will tell a bad situation or a sentence that begins to live in a happy situation is immediately understood. When we examine the exclamation words used in English, it is not difficult to understand which situation is mentioned.
Now let’s examine what exclamation words in English are used and in what situations;
- Ooo, are you here!
- Wow, you didn’t win the exam!
- How beautiful this city is!
- Sara, wipe the board!
- Woe, I missed the service!
- Don’t talk, get out!
- Please, help me now!
- Hah, okay, now it’s beautiful!
- What a coincidence this is!
- Wait, that bridge is rotten!
- I’m so mad at her!
- God, I’m in heaven!
- Why don’t you listen to my words!
- Come here Ella, quick!
- Stay there, don’t come here!
- Oh, my God, would you stop by here!
- Like you’re a big person!
- Oh, I was going to be there now!
- Hey, no smoking in here!
- I will see the reports on my desk tomorrow!
- Caution, the soil may slip!
- Well, enough!
- Wow, he doesn’t know much!
- No more, give up!
- Hop, this is private property; You can not!
- Let the stone fall on me!
- Off, what does this kid eat and drink there?
- This is a great car!
- I have a great idea!
- Alas, it will rain again!
- But don’t forget what I said!
Note: In addition to these, sentences such as request clause, condition clause, order clause and necessity clause are also given. However, this is only a meaning-related feature that is not related to the structure of the sentence. If we consider this, it may be necessary to find a name for each sentence.