English Grammar Tips, Grammar Cards – Using Neither … nor in English
- Neitheris used as a conjunction. This structure, “neither … nor”, is used to connect the same kind of word or phrase in the sentence.
- Neithermakes a negative statement about two people or things.
- Neither Mark nor his wife is very tall.
- My sister neither drinks nor smokes.
- Neither my friends nor the bookstore has the book.
- Neither the employees nor the boss was at work.
- Neither Susan nor her friends are going to go to the party tonight.
- Neither my father nor my mother went to university.