How To Use HOWEVER in English, Definition and Example Sentences
We can express a contrast by using the adverb however with two sentences. It is always followed by a comma.
- He was feeling very ill. However, he went to work.
- Some people disagree with this theory, however, it’s never been proven right.
- The weather was sunny; however, we didn’t go outside.
- Tom works a lot, but however he hasn’t any money.
- My father denies, however, that the project has been cancelled.
- Scientists disagree with this theory, however, it’s never been proven right.
- She is the best student in school. However, she doesn’t do homeworks on time.
- My friends wanted to go outside. However, it is raining.
- I don’t like him, however I agree that he’s a good manager.
- I really enjoyed that movie. However, I prefer the book.