English Grammar – Using Although, Definiton and Example Sentences
Although means “in spite of something”. It can be used at the beginning or in the middle of a sentence, but it doesn’t have a comma afterwards.
- Although it rained all day, we enjoyed the football match very much.
- She failed in the math exam, although she studied very hard.
- Although he’s much older than the others, he won the race.
- Although he ran very fast, she lost the final race.
- Although he is rich, he has no girl friend.
- Although studying French seems difficult, it’s simpler than you think.
- Although they have a lot of money, they’re still not happy.