Using Thus in English, Example Sentences with Thus
In this lesson, we will examine ‘thus’ usage and examples. Conjunctions are structures that connect two different clauses. The most important thing to note is that conjunctions connect two sentences, not a word or a sentence with a word. It is very important to use conjunctions in order to establish meaningful and fluent sentences in spoken or written language.
They have the same meaning as meaning. A dot or a semicolon precedes them, followed by a comma. It is not compulsory to match the sentence between the basic sentence and the sentence in sentences that state a cause-effect relationship. However, it is still necessary to pay attention to the relationship of actions in terms of time.
For example, some time expressions that begin with ‘thus’ cannot be completed directly with different time expressions. Because if it belongs to the past, the action must be expressed in the past. Therefore, this sentence is made in the following way: The cause-effect relationship can be expressed in conjunction with other structures as well as conjunctions. These structures can be completed after them by name, envelope or preposition.
Sometimes the name can consist of a crowded phrase. In this case, be careful when making the distinction between the name and the sentence. Remember that the subject + verb sequence in English forms a sentence. Thus, therefore, consequently and as a result are transitions that state a cause-effect relationship. Transition is a word or group of words that makes the transition from one thought to another. Transition takes place in the second sentence, that is, the result sentence, and the two sentences cannot be displaced.
After the first sentence, we can put a semicolon instead of a dot and move on to the second sentence. In this case, the sentence begins with a lowercase letter.
- I was thirsty thus I fell asleep.
- Thus, the angry statesman was generally not successful in conquest.
- Thus they decided it was absolutely innocent.
- I was enthusiastic about cinema thus I wanted to be an actor.
- Thus, an ethical problem still exists, and cigarette producers should not be allowed in target global markets.
- Families of factory workers need hospitals, schools, clothes, food and shops, thus many more people come to visit to live in this area to provide these services. Thus this city is also developing.
- Tomas did not come to terms with Jelly under any circumstances. Thus, these couples who were about to marry left.
- The hardest thing was to stay separate from his beloved friend. Thus it was going through every day like anguish.
- You have a family that does your homework for you, thus you will never learn to do it yourself and be successful.
- I went out quickly without my father’s permission last night, thus I was hidden to make sure my brother never saw me.
- Thus, some of the sentences he said were incomprehensible, and this child was very quiet, we even had difficulty hearing.
- Statistics show that newborn infant deaths are much higher among girls than boys; thus, some men are believed to be biologically superior to women.
- Thus if you desire love, you should try to understand that the best way to receive love is to give love and the more love you give, the more you get.