50 Modal Verbs Ought to Sentences Examples
1. We ought to win.
2. You ought to trust me.
3. We ought to leave now.
4. We ought to obey the law.
5. You ought to practice more.
6. I thought Tom would be here.
7. It ought to be fine tomorrow.
8. We ought to smile more often.
9. I ought to do this by myself.
10. You ought to ask him for advice.
11. I thought Tom was an accountant.
12. I ought to go there, but I won’t.
13. I ought to go there, but I won’t.
14. I really ought to buy a new house.
15. I think you ought to rest a while.
16. I’m the one who ought to apologize.
17. The elephant was brought to the zoo.
18. You ought to have warned me earlier.
19. You ought to have seen the exhibition.
20. I think you ought to get a little sleep.
21. You ought to set an example for the others.
22. “Don’t do drugs. I feel I ought to say that.
23. I bought tomatoes and peppers from the market.
24. They ought to do away with divorce settlements.
25. I thought Tom had already been compensated for that.
26. But the people can be brought to the bidding of their leader.
27. Everyone ought to bear patiently the results of his own conduct.
28. All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree.
29. They ought to find out how to vaccinate for love, like smallpox.
30. People can lose their lives in libraries. They ought to be warned.
31. The pursuit, even of the best things, ought to be calm and tranquil.
32. Knowledge without justice ought to be called cunning rather than wisdom.
33. which sought to mount the distress, or exploitation, of other nationalities.
34. We love ourselves notwithstanding our faults, and we ought to love our friends in like manner.
35. To me, history ought to be a source of pleasure. It isn’t just part of our civic responsibility.
36. I’m strongly for a patient Bill of Rights. Decisions ought to be made by doctors, not accountants.
37. I found marriage somewhat stifling. I don’t know that I am the kind of man who ought to be married.
38. Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.
39. Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being.
40. The highest stage in moral ure at which we can arrive is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
41. We are stardust brought to life, then empowered by the universe to figure itself out—and we have only just begun.
42. Civil union is less than marriage. Marriage is a sacred and valued institution and ought to be afforded equal protection.
43. Specifically, I’d like to debate whether cannibalism ought to be grounds for leniency in murders, since it’s less wasteful.
44. I decided I ought to pick a project that would not be controversial, that would not really cost the government a lot of money.
45. Secretary of War Stanton used to get out of patience with Lincoln because he was all the time pardoning men who ought to be shot.
46. Patriotism is considered to be an emotion a person ought to feel. But why? Why is it nobler to love your own country than to love someone else’s?
47. Well, marriage is a very important part of our culture and our society. If we want to have a hopeful and decent society, we ought to aim for the ideal.
48. I’m proof against that word failure. I’ve seen behind it. The only failure a man ought to fear is failure of cleaving to the purpose he sees to be best.
49. Wishes can be your best avenue of getting what you want when you turn wishes into action. Action moves your wish to the forefront from thought to reality.
50. The use and threat of force, when world peace is not in danger, are no longer valid frames of reference for achieving the ends sought today by sovereign nations.
51. I made that decision back in 1985. I was out here getting certified in SCUBA with Garcia in Kona and I thought to myself, this is a place to wake up in in the morning.