7 water animals name with pictures, Definition and Example
Water Animals Name
In this lesson, we will examine the subject of ‘water animals name’. Water animals are generally fish and insect species. Some fish live in fresh water, while others live in salt water. In addition, some crab and turtle species also live in the water. There are some birds that use the sea to hunt among the aquatic animals. Although other aquatic creatures are also found, fish use most of the water. Some mammals also live in the water. Seal and whale are at the head of these animals.
Scientific Names of Animals, Animals Names Vocabulary
Farm Animals Names, Definition and Examples
Domestic Animals Names, Definition and Examples
Wild Animals, Definition and Examples
Pet Animals, Definition and Examples
Here are 7 Water animals name and pictures;
1. Crocodile: A set of crocodiles, swamps in warm areas and reptiles that are covered with bony scales that live on the water’s edge. The Crocodilia team are large reptiles that appeared around 84 million years ago, in the late cretaceous period.
- Example: The gigantic crocodile that appeared in the creek had frightened everyone.
2. Pelican: Pelican is the common name for the large water bird species that make up the monotypic pelican family and the Pelecanus genus. The most distinctive features of the large throat pouches, which are used to filter the long beaks, the water that they use to hunt and gather the prey they gather with their beaks before swallowing.
- Example: The pelican that feeds its babies very well is a very smart animal.
3. Penguin: Penguins are the curtain-footed seabirds that make up the Penguin family, cannot fly, stand upright. They live on the shores of the South Pole, Australia, Galapagos Islands, New Zealand, South Africa and South America. But penguins are not found in the Northern hemisphere, including the Arctic.
- Example: We saw many penguins in the country we went to on holiday trip.
4. Seal: They are fin-footed carnivorous mammals that live in both seas and land. It has round heads, big eyes, lips are hard and covered with large hairs. Seals generally have no outer ears. The front and back legs are fin-shaped, and the soles are hairy. They breathe with their lungs. Under their skin is a special adipose tissue that protects them from the cold. Since their skin is covered with oily hair, they do not get wet.
- Example: Ring seal fish living in the open seas are 1.40 m long and 90 kg in weight. On the color, which is usually light gray, there are dark circles.
5. Shark: Shark is the common name of the living species classified in Selachimorpha, one of the two upper teams that make up the Elasmobranchii subclass of the cartilaginous fish class.
- Example: Shark appearing on the sea surface caused great panic.
6. Blobfish: It may be one of the ugliest animals in the world, but it is very different from normal fish. They live at 4000 feet depth of the ocean.
- Example: The blobfish I saw in the documentary made me laugh a lot.
7. Water bear: These micro-creatures are even smaller than 1 mm, but unlike their size, they can adapt to all harsh conditions.-They can live at any temperature from -271 degrees Celsius to 180 degrees.
- Example: Water bear can withstand 1000 times more radiation than other animals endure.