Collective Noun For Kittens, Collective Nouns List in English
Collective Noun For Kittens
Do you like speaking or writing about the animal world? Then there are really many words you need to learn in order to express yourself in the best and effective way in English. Especially pets have started to be included in our lives at a very high rate recently. If we can decide what types of collective nouns we should use when talking about these pets, we can construct sentences much richer. Today, we will talk about collective noun types that are frequently used for kittens. If you want to learn more useful and fun collective noun varieties that you can use when you want to express kitties that stand together, check out the rest of our content right now.
Here are 200 examples of collective nouns
When speaking in English, you are likely to encounter vocabulary problems most of the time. Learning the types of a collective noun can help you score higher on essay missions.
Table of Contents
Kindle of kittens
When you want to talk about kittens that coexist, it might make sense to describe them with a word that has a strong influence. We have a good offer for this. When you use the word Kindle, you will be referring directly to kittens that a cat gives birth to. The kittens found together are collectively called a kindle.
So, what rationale is behind the use of the word kindle as a collective noun? According to studies, the word kindle alone means to give birth to young. Therefore, the word kindle can be used as a collective noun for kittens that are still very small. Let’s examine a few different sample sentences and examine how the word Kindle can be used.
- Kindle of kittens, standing together and waiting for their mom, they were really cute.
- While walking down the street today, I saw kindle of kittens next to an apartment building and immediately took a picture of them.
- As I sleep during the day, I hear the voice of the kindle of kittens because they are constantly meowing inside the house.
Group of kittens
Generally, when you search for a collective noun alternative for countable entities, you often come across one word: group. This word can actually be used not only for the kit but also for people or any other object. Moreover, both living objects and inanimate objects can be described with the word group. Remember that you can also use the word group when describing kittens that are together. Usually, you can use the word ‘’of’’ as a preposition after the word ‘’group’’, then the word ‘’kittens’’.
There is something you need to be very careful with when making sentences, you need to bring the plural suffix to the object you will use after the group word in order to get really good scores from the essay exams. Although you use the plural suffix, the auxiliary verb in the sentence must be a singular auxiliary verb. When you examine the sentence examples below, we think you will understand much better how sentences should be constructed.
- I thought a group of kittens was suffering from meowing in a shrill voice, but they were just scared.
- I saw a group of kittens and because I didn’t want them to have any problems outside on a winter day, I decided to take it home.
- While watching documentaries during the day, I prefer documentaries about pets, for example, a group of kittens.
- The Group of kitten was sleeping pretty sweetly.
Bunch of kittens
One of the collective noun varieties you can use to describe small kittens is Bunch. You can use this word especially if you want to express kitty, which is in a group. Often, when referring to cats that are very small and held together, we need to use the word Bunch to describe how they appear as a ball in a group.
When you use the word bunch, you should use the word ‘’of’’ as a preposition right after it, and then the word ‘’kittens’’. It should also be underlined here that a plural suffix should be added to the end of the kit. In English, if we want to express that an object is more than one and an object is an object that can be counted, we must use the plural suffix. The same rule applies here. Let’s examine a few examples if you wish so let’s be sure that you will use the word Bunch correctly in essays.
- The bunch of kittens was snoozing sweetly.
- I watched a movie about a Bunch of kittens, it was really cool.
- Bunch of kittens looks so sweet, I want to take some of them and feed them at home.
- Can you take a picture of this bunch of kittens so I can pronounce that they need a sweet and warm home?