100 Conjunction Words, Definition and Example Sentences
Conjunctions allow you to create clear and elegant sentences. Allows you to avoid the complexity of very short sentences. It makes your job easier to make sure the expressions that the conjunctions combine are the same. (share the same structure)
Here are 100 Conjunction Words and Example Sentences;
A minute later
After a short time
As an example
As a consequence
As a result
As soon as
Because of this
For this purpose
For this reason
From here on
In spite of
In spite of this
In the end
In the meanwhile
In the meantime
In the same manner
In the same way
Just as important
Last of all
Of equal importance
On the contrary
On the following day
On the other hand
The next week
To be specific
To begin with
To sum up
With this in mind
- It was a fluent and very good speech.
- Samara went office to get her coat and came back for the dinner.
- Is it better to stay home or go out?
- My brother gets angry with Melissa for she never tidy her room.
- Students worked very hard, but students couldn’t pass the maths exam.
- They went to New York for their holiday, yet they could have to go to London.
- She was stuck in a small, dark room when she was little, so she’s afraid of the small and dark room.
- Timmy never ask for extra bonus, nor Timmy ever need bonus.
- Though Micheal wasn’t very handsome, the girls always preferred Micheal.
- Despite her young age, she did a very good job.
- We have taught at this school for a long time.
- He has been a student for eight years.
- I bought a new car today. However, even though it was the first time I was in traffic, it was not exciting.
- She said she wouldn’t come to me, however she said we wouldn’t talk again.
- Although they have a lot of money, they’re still not happy.
- I’ll either write to you or phone you next week.
- I want to call his, but I don’t have his phone number.
- I don’t like playing football because it’s very boring
- I’m still going to go swimming in the sea even if it rains.
- Tomas fell ill suddenly and therefore his family gave up on going out of town.
- Therefore, if you wish to love, you should try to understand that the only way to get love is to give love to the other side, and the more love you give, the more love you get.
- Whether or not John is coming to the school.
- Bilica would support him whether she were (was) right or not. (Conditional)
- Neither her mother nor her father loves her.
- Neither you nor I want to go to this part today, so let’s not!
- Either today or tomorrow I must work.